The Bartender (s.r)

spencer reid x reader
summary: spencer uses his tricks to pick up the bartender, then saves her
warnings: angst, fluff, kidnapping, language
based on 4x9

wiping down the counter, Y/n looked up as she saw a man around her age. he was very attractive, if you asked her.

"can i help you with anything?" the y/h/c haired woman asked.

"hi, my name is Doctor Spencer Reid, i'm with the FBI. have you seen this man?" Spencer asked.

"that's not a lot to go off of." Y/n responded, setting down her glass she finishing cleaning.

the doctor took a pen, placing it against the drawing.

"he would have a scar above his right eyebrow," Spencer started.

Y/n watched with interest, as the brunette continued to speak. the pen moved swiftly in the paper, leaving no trace.

an amused look played onto Y/n's face, as the doctor made eye contact with her, a small smile on his face.

"wow, smart, talented, and handsome." the young woman teased.

a small tint of pink rose to Spencer's cheeks, as he let out a small cough. "could you give us a call if you see him?" he asked.

"of course, but could i still call if i don't see him?" Y/n asked, her foot beginning to bounce rapidly.

Y/n watched as Spencer smiled, nodding quickly. he mumbled out a thank you, before turning to walk away.

"wait!" Y/n said, the man stopping in his tracks.

"i don't have your number." she reminded him.

"check behind your barrette." he smiled at her, turning around and walking off with the darker skinned man from earlier. she watched as the bald man patted Spencer on the back.

confused, Y/n reached up to her y/h/c hair, pulling out a business card.

Doctor Spencer Reid
Behavior Analysis Unit
xxx-xxx-xxxx

a small grin didn't go unnoticed by her coworker, but the male decided to keep it to himself instead of teasing the flustered girl.

about a hour later, Y/n was getting ready to close up the bar.

"last call!" the woman yelled, glancing around.

she repeated the words, but quickly stopped when she saw a familiar man talking to a blonde in a neon green dress.

Y/n carefully walked over to the two, noticing the scar above the male's right eyebrow. she glanced at the drink in front of the girl, taking the chance. she knocked over the glass, causing it to spill all over the green dress.

the two glared at Y/n, as she apologized and offered to help the girl.

quickly, Y/n grabbed the blonde's hand and lead her behind a door.

"stay here, please." Y/n told the woman, who confusedly watched as the bartender walked outside to call Spencer.

the phone rung three times, before everything went black and Y/n fell to the floor.

Y/n was now tied up by her hands, as her kidnapper yelled at her to clean up her mess.

"please, let me go." Y/n sobbed, hoping that Spencer was on the way.

the man grabbed her hair, as she let out a whimpered sob.

"shut the hell up and clean!" he yelled, forcing her head forward.

Y/n continued to scrub at the blood, as he kept yelling harder.

soon, the door was busted open. "FBI!" a deep voice was heard, and movement was made as the bald man from earlier tackled the killer.

Spencer ran over to Y/n, carefully taking off her restraints. "please, get them off." she sobbed into Spencer's shoulder, as he threw the duct tape. quickly, he helped the y/h/c up, as she wrapped her arms around his waist.

he lead the two out of the apartment, holding her closely as he took her over to the ambulance.

twenty five minutes passed, as Spencer made his way back over to Y/n.

"how are you feeling?" he asked her, watching as she got checked up by the medics.

"good, surprising for what just happened to me." the woman joked, giving Spencer a small smile.

he grinned at her, pushing a piece of hair out of her face. "thank you" she mumbled, her head leaning into his hand as he stroked her cheek gently.

a few days later, Y/n was walking through a parking lot with her phone against her ear.

"so are you going back to work?" Spencer asked through the phone.

"uh, i quit my job at the bar. thinking about doing something else." the woman grinned.

"like what?" Spencer questioned, taking a small package from a girl and mumbled a thanks.

"did the envelope get there yet?" she asked, unlocking her car. silence was heard, as Y/n assumed he was opening up the small package.

a wide grin played onto Spencer's face, pulling out his business card. flipping it over, he saw the words, date? pick me up Saturday at 6pm with a lipstick kiss next to it.

"i'm thinking about pursuing magic." Y/n spoke through the phone, nervous about if Spencer would agree to her date.

"that's great, Y/n. i have to go, but i'll see you on Saturday at 6pm." Spencer told the woman, trying to hide to blush on his cheeks. the phone call ended, as Spencer leaned back in his chair.

"my man!" Derek congratulated, patting Spencer on the back.