"it's not that I don't care it's that you're grown now and I don't wanna get in your life mariah." "I'm grown? 13 and I came home all bloody and all you did was tell me 'for doing stupid shit look what happened to you' and walked away, that's cause I was too grown? or calling me a slut, cause you cared right?" she stood silent.

"I can't stand this! me and alise are more mature and grown than you ever have been in our life! you were someone I looked up to when I was little and then all of a sudden you became someone I didn't even remember." I say feeling a knot in my throat. I get up and jahseh does too as we go upstairs. we go to my room and I close my door taking a deep breath.

jahseh comes close to me and my breathing hitched. he kissed me softly and I kissed back. "I love you.." he says and my heart skips a beat. "I love you too jah." I say and he smiles before picking me up.

"stop being all hurt and get that ass ready for school." he says and I chuckle. "i'm not hurt." I say lying through my teeth. "yes you are riah." "how would you know jah?" I ask him tilting my head. "cause I can read you." he says and I look in his eyes before kissing him again. "I still can't believe you're my dumbass boyfriend." I say and he chuckles, "it's cause young dagger dick's sexy ass making yo heart go crazy." he says and I giggle.

"shut up." I smack his chest and he laughs.

   "what's gonna happen?" I say randomly and he furrows his brows. "happen with what?" he asks. "I don't know." I say and he looks at me and I shrug. "we should get to school mariah." he says and I groan but nod. I grab clothes from my closet. I chose a black crop top with light blue high waisted jeans and my black vans. simple.

        I look at jahseh and he's sitting there staring at me with his hands intertwined together in his lap. "turn around dummy." I say knowing what he was doing. "you really care?" he tilts his head giving me that stare that just reads my mind. I shake my head and he smirks innocently. i take my shirt off and his smirk instantly goes down.

     he pulls me closer and he notices a huge slash on my stomach which I didn't wanna pay attention to. you can tell it was gonna become a scar. he touches it and I flinch and he looks in my eyes quickly. "which one of them did this to you?" he says in a low tone. "I don't even remember how I got it." I say cause I really don't remember. He sighs. "you don't have to go to school, fuck it, it looks like it hurts." he says and I shrug. "I'll be fine, let's just go on a walk instead." I say and he nods. I put the crop top on and change my pants and put my shoes on.

    when I go downstairs, my mom was still there. "this is the longest you've been here in MONTHS, what's special today?" I say with sarcastic enthusiasm. "mariah stop. I just feel bad for leaving, I really haven't been the best mom at all since we got here." she says and I look at her in a 'that's obvious' kinda way.

    she clears her throat. "you wanna introduce me to yourrrrrr..." she says looking at jahseh. "boyfriend." i say and she looks shocked but happy?

    "oh that's great riah!" she says with a smile. "i am her mother as you know, you didn't really get a great few impressions of me, but it's very nice to actually meet you." she says holding her hand out and jahseh shakes it with a smile. "i'm jahseh, and everyone has their days." he says trying to be nice, i appreciated it.

     she smiles at him. "well aren't you going to school?" she says and I look at jahseh, "oh uh yeah, bye mom." I say and she waves at us as I grab jahseh's hand leaving out the front door. "but we aren't going to-" "- I know jahseh but she'll try to play her stupid mom role and bitch at me if I don't go. what are we gonna do until she leaves?" I ask him and he shrugs, but suddenly leads me to a direction like he was bringing me somewhere.

       ten minutes of walking and we were at some house and I assumed it was jahseh's house. he grabs my hand and looks at me. "ready to meet my mom?" he says and my eyes widen. "jahseh! you didn't tell me that! I look like I just got fucked up!" I say. "well I mean you did kinda get fucked up." he says low and raspily. "shut. up." I say and he chuckles. "it's fine, just come on ma." he says and I smile as he leads me inside. I see a pretty darkskin girl sitting at the kitchen island.

     "mom! come here!" jahseh says closing the door behind me. the girl comes up to us excitedly. "is this mariah?" she says and jahseh nods with a small chuckle. "he's talked so much about you these few weeks i was waiting to see what young woman had him all whipped." she says and he nudged her shoulder and she laughs and i do too. "nah i'm just playing jah chill." she says but winks at me before clearing her throat. "well i'm cleo, i am his mother." she says and i give her a hug.

      "uh jah i just got one question." she says and he looks at her while she was holding my hands and just looking at me all over. "what." he says. "why are you both beat up?" she says and we instantly look at each other. "uh- long story." he says and she rolls her eyes, "be careful out there jahseh, especially with her. protect her." she says and jahseh and i sit on the couch and cleo sits on the one next to us.

   jahseh's pov
"actually ma she was protecting me." i say playing with my dreads. "huh?" she looked at me confused. "i got kidnapped and she found me. and *explains everything that happened*"
she just sat there stunned. "you did all that for my jahseh?" she says looking at mariah and mariah's face turned a light pink. "uh- yeah?." she says nervously. "that's crazy, you are a very brave girl, fuck that. i woulda been dead." she says and mariah laughs. she looked beautiful as fuck.

    i grabbed onto her hand intertwining ours together. we kept talking to my mom until she had to go to work, my little brother was at school already. "you tired?" i ask riah and she looked at me, slowly moving back and forth like she was gonna pass out. "okay- yeah you need some sleep." i say and i lift her up making her wrap her legs around my waist and i bring her to my room. she looked at my room in awe.

      i laid her down on my red sheets. she slips off her shoes and her shirt. i took my shirt off and laid down as i turned on the tv. the black curtains made my room dark so it should let mariah sleep better. i put family guy on and pull mariah closer and she lays her head on my chest. i pull the covers up closer to us and i feel mariah slowly falling asleep. her breathing getting heavier .

-
a/n
hey i'm sorry this might be a boring chapter but- im trying to come up with ideas with this story .