Time to Face the Brutal Truth

"(Y/N)? (Y/N), wake up. Stop- ow! You just hit me! (Y/N)!"

"What?! Oh. Delia, hey, I didn't know you were back. You okay?"

"Yeah. Sure. Anyway, you have a package." She held out a brown box which was addressed to me.

"Oh... Thank you?" I took the box, looking at who sent it. It was from my parents, whom I haven't seen since I left for college. I opened the package to find a nice blue dress, a maroon hoodie and a Mason jar of my favorite honey you can find only at the local farmers market back home.

I smiled softly, feeling tears well in my eyes. I held up the hoodie which was thick and soft. I hugged it close, the smell of home evident in the fabric. The dress was blue and was made partially of tulle. It had gold star shaped glitter sprinkled everywhere. It was beautiful and I was excited for when I could wear it. I placed the honey on the shelf in the wall next to my bed. I smiled at the yellow bee sticker my mom must have put on the jar.

"Are you okay, (Y/N)?" Delia asked cautiously.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just missing home, that's all." I looked at her and she smiled softly.

"You'll see them again, soon." She assured me, making me smile and feel hopeful.

"Thanks, Delia... Anyway, how did the date go?" I asked and she blushed, making me smirk.

"Well... We've confirmed our relationship..."

"Delia, that's great! Now you'll be Delia Deetz!" She laughed and blushed a bit deeper.

"Well... Hopefully, but for now, I'm gonna stay Delia Schlimmer." I laughed a little, nodding.

"Sounds good." It was silent for a second, and Delia looked at me suspiciously. "So when's the wedding?"

"(Y/N)! Oh my god!" She hit my arm playfully, making me laugh.

We talked about random things before she got a phone call from her sister. She stepped out of the room to talk. I looked around and realized BJ was missing.

"Beetlejuice?" I waited, but he never appeared. I'm pretty sure he's playing a prank on me, but I still felt a bit lonely. I questioned whether or not I should call his name again, but I didn't.

After a few minutes of waiting for BJ and a couple more wondering how to pass the time, I got a message from Adam asking me to meet him in the garden.

I got my shoes on and brushed my hair. Stepping out of the dorm and into the sunlight felt nice, but the amount of people walking around made me feel uneasy.

I made it to the garden quickly and found Adam with a blonde girl sitting on the bench talking. When they spotted me, Adam stood up, smiling and the girl smiled shyly.

"(Y/N), glad you could make it. I'd like you to meet someone. (Y/N), this is Barbara. Barbara, this is (Y/N)." Barbara waved, smiling softly.

"Oh! You're Barbara, hi! It's great to finally meet you."

"Hi, (Y/N) it's great to meet you too."

"I was wondering if she could join us at the Waffle House tonight?"

"Of course. She'll become part of our little 'crew'." I smiled. She beamed, still a bit shy. She was nice and very pretty. Her and Adam looked perfect together and I can see the way they look at each other.

"Awesome, thank you! You can meet Lafayette and BJ!" He said to her, smiling. There goes that look in their eyes and it made me smile.

"Okay, cool. Looking forward to it. And thank you, (Y/N)."