Chapter 1-You're Mysterious Aren't You?

I arrived up at the house and got my luggage out of the taxi. The house was absolutely gigantic. It was a massive white building and I could see a maze, a big pond and a horse's stable(i'll finally get to do some horse riding). I walked inside the house, i couldn't see anyone in the house so I called "Hello, is anyone here?". I then heard some footsteps coming from one of the rooms and I saw Mrs Grose.

"Mrs Grose! it's so good to see you" I said so happy and i hugged her.

"Y/n! It is lovely to see you and I'm so glad you are here" Mrs Grose said as big smile crossed her face.

"Would you like to see your room?" She asked me.

"Yeah that would be great" I said really excited to see what my new room looked like. 

"We have a new nanny to look after the two children Flora and Miles, although you don't need a nanny do you?" Mrs Grose said jokingly.

"Mrs Grose, I'm practically an adult of course I don't need a nanny" I say and we start laughing. I had missed this. I hadn't laughed this hard in a good few years. I'm really glad I'm here.

"So Flora is a lovely name, what are the children like?" I ask

"Well Flora as you may know is an absolute little ball of energy and such a lovely little ray of sunshine. She will absolutely adore you and will be glad to have another girl in the house. Miles is a really kind boy and he is quite into his music like you. He also likes to ride horses" Mrs Grose said

"Wow maybe he can give me a few guitar tips" I suggested

"yeah maybe. But if you are wanting to be friends with the children then please don't pressure them into talking and treat with the utmost respect" Mrs Grose said staring at me.

"Of course. I will totally do that" I said doing a little salute. Mrs Grose opened the door and then left me to unpack and sort out my room. I went into my suitcase and got my music posters out.

 I put up my Nirvana poster, my Guns n Roses one. I also put up a 1975 poster, a Green Day poster and an Arctic Monkeys one. I looked at the wall and i already started to feel like my room was homely. As I was putting my makeup and hair stuff in a drawer, I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in " I say kindly. I saw a tall boy with the most lush dark curly hair I had ever seen and he wore a red sweater and beige trousers.

"Oh so you are the new girl Mrs Grose is so fond of" he said smiling at me

"That's me, I'm Y/n and as you can see I love music" I said gesturing to my music posters. I took out my hand for him to shake.

"Hi Y/n, I'm Miles and by the bands on the posters, I would say you have a very good music taste" He says shaking my hand. We both laugh at his joke.

"So do you play guitar or what instrument will you play?" I asked trying to start a conversation

"Well I'll leave you to find that out for yourself" he said touching the side of his nose laughing.

"Well you're mysterious aren't you" I said putting my hands on my hips.

" That I totally am. Well I'll leave you to unpack. Come down for a snack or something when you are done"  Miles said walking out of my room

"Okay" I said as he left. After he left I snuggled into my pillow. He is such a lovely boy and he isn't unfortunate looking so that is a plus. I can't be gaining a crush already I literally have known him for 10 minutes. I decided to change into something a bit more me as I was currently wearing a hoodie and sweatpants (which were my taxi gear as I had to sit in it for about 8 hours). I changed into some navy straight legged trousers with a white t-shirt with a navy and black butterfly on it. I put my hair into a neater looking bun. I finished the rest of my unpacking and I headed down the stairs into the living room. I saw Mrs Grose pouring orange juice into 5 cups, I then saw Miles and a little girl colouring in together and I saw a tall woman with short blonde hair reading. I walked into the living room and greeted everyone. Miles's instantly lit up when he saw me. I found that a bit weird but hey it's finally good for someone to be happy to see me.

"Hi everyone" I said as I waved. "Hi there what's your name?" I say to the little girl colouring in with Miles.

"I'm Flora" She said in a cute little raspy voice. "And I'm Y/n. You know Flora, that is such a pretty name, do you know what it reminds me of?" I say to her

"What does it remind you of?" Flora asked

"A beautiful flower growing a gorgeous green field" I said 

"Awww I like you now Y/n, you are my friend" Flora said happily and gave me a hug.

"What does my name remind you of  Y/n?" Miles said batting his eyelashes like Flora

"Well Miles first stop batting your eyelashes coz you look like you have something in your eye" I said and everyone laughed at that comment. "Your name reminds me of a long winding road that goes on for Miles" I said emphasising the miles part. We burst into laughter again. 

I then went over to the blond woman and politely tried to get her attention.

"Excuse me?" I say politely. She then put down her book and looked at me

"Yes?" She said in an ungrateful tone but made it subtle

"I'm Y/n" I said offering my hand for her to shake.

"yeah I have heard, I'm Kate" She said shaking my hand

"It's nice to meet you" I said. I really wanted to explore the garden so I asked Mrs Grose if I could and she said yes.