Chapter 1

MARI

Like every person being reincarnated, opening their eyes were the first step. Obviously, duh.

I am Samantha Cole from America who's living my simple and normal life as a writer. I didn't know that having too much coffee would kill me, sorry, my bad.

When I opened my eyes and saw that I am in an entirely different world, well I am not shocked. And that's because I read a lot of reincarnation books from other writers.

But unfortunately, this is a game where I need to win every male capture targets, and the thing that makes it worst was I am reincarnated as an evil, wicked, f*cking villainess. But thankfully the body was gorgeous.

With my brunette long hair and a beautiful emerald orbs, add to that my sardonically arched eyebrows. I am extremely gorgeous! I mean the owner of the body.

But the thing is... All of the capture targets hates the villainess to the core! Uhh well who wouldn't hate a villainess?

Anyways, the owner of this body is Mari Demetria Vermillion the greatest villain of the game called Winning Hearts. Uhh yes I know, the name of the game sounds ridiculously stupid and cliché.

Well of course there's a heroine too. And that is Mari's half sister.

Melora Delyth Vermillion...

And this bitch has a twisited personality. And her tasks in the game was to hide it first and win the hearts of the male capture targets. After having enough favor points, she needs the male capture targets to accept her.

As far as I can remember, Melora is a yandere. Except that she goes yandere to all of the male capture targets. Bitch right?

And obviously, my task was to win the hearts of the capture targets and to prevent Melora from setting me up. Because in return, I'll set her up too and she'll gladly step on the f*cking trap. I'm sorry, I cuss too much...

So in return, all of them would blame a f*cking inoccent Villain! Uhh inoccent is not the correct term but meh.

I had played the game when I was still in my teens, but goodness! I am already 30, a single woman with her virginity still intact! So how would I remember the events and endings of the game?!

I silently groan to myself and punch my pillow on my side. The door flew open and the head maid Tania step in with a tray of breakfast.

That's right, it's been a week when I first came into this world. This time I am just a 17 year old noble woman who will have her debut in a week.

"My Lady, the breakfast is ready, also. The Duke is calling for you after you finish eating your breakfast." Tania my maid informed.

Tania was originally my mother's personal maid. But then my mom died because of giving birth to me. And she became my nanny. She's in her late 30's and a widow.

"Alright." I replied and started to dig in. After I finish my breakfast. Tania helped me to prepare my bath and then left the room as I said.

That's right, the first even would be my debut that'll take place in the royal palace since the princess is the same of my age.

I don't remember who will I encounter but I am dead sure that I'll meet someone who is one of the capture targets.

I decided to finish my bath and Tania helped me to choose my clothes. I don't know what it's called but it's a dress.

 I don't know what it's called but it's a dress

Maybe this is Mari's preferences in clothes. Not bad but too dark! Dark dresses fits Villains! But I'm fine with it, being a Villainess doesn't bother me. Why? Because I am a Villain myself.

Well, uhh, I'm not doing something bad to people, instead I do bad things to the characters I made. Like killing them. Yeah.

Is that not-villain-like enough for me to be a villain?

Anyways, I wear the dress with the help of Tania and proceeded to meet my father, I mean Mari's father.

As we get closer to the studyroom or to the office of my father. The head butler greeted us.

"My Lady, The Duke is inside and he's waiting for you." He said which I replied with a slight nod. He opened the door for me and I came in without Tania.

As soon as I walk in, I saw a man facing the window and his back is all I can see. This man is ny father right? I can't remember what he looks like since he's not that important in the game as I remember.

"Mari, you need to prepare for your grand debut in the royal palace." The man that looks like in his late 20's said. Is this guy my father? Well he doesn't look like one! It's almost as if we are sister and brother!

"Go and look for your dress since most likely you will not accept the gift that the young prince sent yesterday." He continued. Wait, the prince sent a gift? But the prince hates my whole being right? So how come he sent a gift?

"May I see father?" I said and he replied with a frown on his face.

"See what?" A frown remained on his young face and crossed his arms on his chest.

"The gift that the prince sent to me." I replied, his lips were slightly parted and a fly can easily went in. So I move closer to him and slightly push up his jaw making his mouth close again.

He didn't say anything and he walk to the other side. When he came back in front of me he handed a white box with a gold ribbon.

"What happened? Normally, you wouldn't get interested if it's about the prince, and all of the gifts you receive from him would straightly go in with the trash. So instead of throwing it away, I'm keeping it, it would be so rude if they saw that you're throwing the gifts away." He said. I gave him a nod.

"I just realized my mistake, I am sorry." I apologized, when I look at him him, shock was written on his face.

"Are you really fine my daughter? I think you are still sick? Should I get the royal physician for you?" He worriedly said as he carefully touch my forehead.

Am I acting weird for them or it is them who is acting weird?

June 25 2020
©LizzannaWrites