Chapter 2

"WAKE YO SELF UP," Fox Fur yelled, charging into Cactus' room, "WE'RE LATE YOU GLOB OF CAMEL SPIT! DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT DAY IT IS?!!" It was, in fact, the Queen Thorn came to the Scorpion Den to choose 4 lucky dragonets to attend Jade Mountain Academy.

"Arghhhhhhhh," Cactus groaned,"5 more minutes......"

" Fiiiinnnnnneeeeeeee" Fox Fur said, a gleam in her eye," I'll come back in 5 minutes." She bounded out of the room

                           5 minutes later Fox Fur bounded back in with to pots in her talons." BANG BANG BANG ! WAKE UP ALREADY! WAKE UP, WAKE UP, WAKE UP!!!!!!

"SHUT YOUR SNOUT OR I WILL KILL YOU WITH THIS WATER GUN!" Cactus said, and with flourish, he produced a dragonets' water gun from under his sack.

                                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                     "CUT THE CAMERAS, CACTUS, YOUR LINE IS 'you are so annoying'." A female Skywing- Icewing hybrid poked her head through the window, "GOT THAT?" She asked Cactus. He nodded mutely, opening and closing his mouth, unable to speak. "THAT'S BETTER," The strange dragon yelled,"oh yeah, my name is Dusk, and I'm DragonFlame's OC, nice to meet ya."

" My name is--" Fox Fur started,

"SHUT YOUR SNOUT MISSY," Dusk hollered, "TIME FOR CONVERSATION LATER!" And with a snap of her talons, Dusk disappeared.

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

Me: Sorry, that didn't really happen, I just thought it would be funny, anyway back to the scene.

                                               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

           Minutes later, Fox Fur and Cactus were soaring down to the city square, where Queen Thorn was listing names." Antelope, Jaguar, and........." She squinted down at the miniskill handwriting, sighed, and pulled out a pair of reading glasses from a pouch slung across her back."Fox Fur and Cactus." Fox Fur couldn't believe her ears. She looked at Cactus. He looked at her.

"WE MADE IT!!!!!!!!!!!" Queen Thorn shot a toothy grin at the ecstatic dragonets.She started calling the winglet names.

"Finally, Fox Fur and Cactus are in the Citrine Winglet, because Fox Fur is a Nightwing-Sandwing hybrid." Murmurs echoed throughout the gathered dragonets.

"No wonder she's so cool-looking"

"Hmph, related to those lying sand-slugs."

And finally,

"I wonder if she can read our minds..."

"Of course she can't, those Nightwings were lying to us!"

Of course Fox Fur couldn't read other dragons' minds, but the comments still stung. Cactus wrapped a wing around her while Queen Thorn was scolding the other dragonets.

"Queen Thorn," Cactus called in his strong voice," I'll take Fox Fur home, and we'll be ready to leave tomorrow morning." Queen Thorn nodded in agreement.

"I'll take it from here, Cactus." she said reassuringly. "I'll see you tomorrow at sunrise." Cactus led the way back to their room in the orphanage. Technically Cactus' parents were alive, so he didn't need to be in the orphanage, but his parents agreed to let him stay here with Fox Fur.

                   As she settled herself in her bed, the only thing in her mind was a tiny voice at the back of her head squeaking, Where are your parents Fox Fur? She didn't know. But something told her that she would find that in the near future, possibly, even, at Jade Mountain Academy

                                                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                  "Look! There it is!" Cactus pointed at the blurred silhouette of Jade Mountain.

"Yeah, we could see that silhouette for.....let's see.........oh, right 3 HOURS AND APPROXIMATELY 35 MINUTES." Fox Fur said hotly.

"Well I saw it first." Cactus said snottily. "And everyone agrees. Right?"

"No!" Shouted everyone, including Queen Thorn.

                                                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~   

                   Awhile later, they landed in the great hall of  the academy, and their eyes were accosted with several violently colored Rainwings. The eighth was standing to the side, talking quietly to a golden Sandwing that looked so familiar...... The eighth Rainwing had a wreath of flowers on top of her dark green scales, a light green underbelly, bright orange wing membranes and ruff, and dark purple circling her emerald green eyes. 

"Ohmigosh! It's the Sandwing princess!" squealed Jaguar, who stared at the golden dragon with wide-eyed awe.

"And the Rainwing queen!" called another, but Fox Fur realized that the holler was not coming from a Sandwing, but rather a hibiscus red Rainwing walking up to them.

                    A/N: Big shoutout to trollexisawesome for doing my oc Dusk! Be sure to check her out!