"Okay. What about Angelo?" Mae mirrored Reese's position, sitting forward to suggest her idea. "He's a great distance away from us, but I'm sure he can visit again to discuss this with Rueben. If Io is still at war with anyone, it's Ganymede."

She faced me to tell me more of the war.

"Io, at the time of Angelo's dad's rule, enforced brutal torture to Ganymede's warriors. They sent out bombs to destroy the pack, and the remaining pack members fled to a safe house. Io warriors hunted them down one by one after that, until the safe house became a slaughter house."

I only parted my lips in shock. Was any reason in the world acceptable enough to execute an entire pack? Children included.

"Then why would we suggest Angelo in the first place?" Eve asked, taking the thought right from my mind.

"Because just like Rueben, he is not responsible for the actions of his ancestors," Ander replied, taking in a softer tone to explain to Eve. She nodded in response.

Someone bristled at the archway of the living room, and the werewolves in the room heard him before I did. Zeke smiled when he met my gaze, and nodded a quick greeting to everyone else before settling in the spot beside me. His hair was a mess atop his head, and his face was flushed.

Ander raised an eyebrow and Reese glared at him. I wondered why Reese always seemed to loathe anyone in his vicinity.

"Training teenagers is the biggest hassle I've ever encountered," Zeke wheezed out.

Mae smirked.

"You were worse," Eve commented. "Thinking you were stronger and smarter than everyone in your age group. Remember?"

Zeke made a face at her and turned to me with innocent eyes. They masked the mischief behind them, and I chuckled. He was a little arrogant when we were younger, but he grew out of that phase over time.

"I heard you all talking about the other packs," He commented, getting comfortable in his seat.

"Yes," Reese drawled, throwing a glare his way. "A discussion amongst the adults."

Zeke snorted, not sparing Reese a second look as he faced me. He'd leaned back into the sofa, and had rested his head back on the cushion.

"You're my Luna," He started. "Do you want to discuss this with me, too? I can give you insight into things you need to know-"

"With all due respect, Zeke, you can't invite yourself into these discussions." Ander interrupted, his usual gruff voice darkening with warning.

"If it was a private discussion, you would all be in Alpha's office."

"Alpha is too busy tending to other obligations right now," Reese piped in.

The silence that followed made me want to shrink into the couch and be swallowed by the cushions. Ander became interested in the ceiling, looking for where he'd left his patience, while the twins fiddled with their fingers and tried not to laugh when they made eye contact.

Reese continued to glare at Zeke.

And Zeke just smiled at me. I smiled back, but reigned in my laughter. The tension was too strong not to laugh at.