"Mr. Solo is in fair condition-"

"Fair condition?" Ben asked in a sarcastic tone.

"Elevated hormones are present in his blood stream," the droid continued without pause, "and he is slightly dehydrated. He is released into your custody."

The droid rolled away, pushing a tray of diagnostic tools with it, leaving Rey and Ben to themselves.

Still seated with a bare torso, Ben reached behind him to collect his shirt. The light glanced off every tense muscle as he moved, and Rey had to force her head to look away as he redressed. Every time they were this near, an uncomfortably warm feeling pooled in her lower belly.

Ben stepped off the bed, adjusting the hem of his shirt and examining a singed hole on the back of a tricep.

"We need to get you some new clothes" Rey said with raised eyebrows before turning on her heel to lead him out of the unit. Walking quickly to stay ahead, she was unable to sustain the pace for very long before she had to reduce her steps; the fatigue of prior events stole away her vigor instantly. Near drowning, coupled with a lightsaber wound before almost dying had completely taken its toll and she teetered in her steps.

Light pressure was sensed under her elbow as Ben supported her at that moment, his broad form suddenly beside her.

"You haven't rested" his words echoed her next thought.

Her eyes met his as they walked, her tingling skin very aware of the firm but gentle pressure of his fingers in her elbow. "It's been a very long four days. I haven't been given the time."

"Today you will."

A trio of resistance members passed them in the hallway, a male Twi'lek whipped his head around as they passed, aggressive words spoken in their direction.

Ignoring the hostility, they continued you on, finding flow in their pace together. 

The bond was vibrating pleasantly on Rey's end; some semblance of harmony palpable in their connection for the first time since they'd touched on Ahch-To.

"Where are we?" Ben asked, bewildered as they passed through the facility, seeming bright and new in comparison to the used ships the Resistance utilized.

Rey smiled to herself. "Where Padmé ruled as Queen, on the planet of Naboo."

"How did you kn..." he began to say before he saw her smiling. "Of course. My mother must have told you."

"Once we told them the grandson of Padmé was among the Resistance, they were happy to take us in for refuge."

Within moments, Rey slowed them to a stop at a door.

"Well these are your quarters while we're here."

Ben observed the door mechanism. "I'm not in a locked cell?"

"We informed the hierarchy that we had Ben Solo, not Kylo Ren."

Rey pulled her elbow out of his grip to punch in the code for the door. It slid open smoothly, revealing a modest quarters.

"Where are these clothes you speak of?"

Rey pointed to the bed, neatly made with crisp, white sheets and a simple frame. The sunlight from the window illuminated a familiar, dark chest; one he'd seen before. Ben took a step inside the room and stilled on the spot. 

"We were able to round up some fabric here so that you'd have something comfortable to wear."

Ben stared at the bed. "You can't be serious."

Rey leaned against the metal door frame. "Oh, I am most definitely serious."

He gingerly lifted the lock, flipping the latch open in order to pull chest lid open. Rey watched as it flopped back onto the bed.

Folds of stone grey fabric appeared in one hand and dark blue slacks in the other. His expression was unreadable, and Rey sensed he was sorting through complicated emotions.

Rey cleared her throat. "I thought beige or white might be too soon, so I requested darker tones instead."

A moment passed in silence as Ben studied the robe in his hands. "Rey, I can't promise I understand where my path is taking me."

There was a flutter of apprehension in her gut in response to his statement, and she wondered momentarily if this was the right decision.

Placing the clothes on the bed, he turned back to her at the door and approached; he had that look on his face, the one where he was so sure of his desires. Plotted, confident, intense desires.

Rey shifted uncomfortably from the wall as he stepped inside the boundary of her personal space, somehow making her feel miniscule in seconds. Reflexes called her hands up to keep him away, which confused her because she wanted him near; having never conducted herself with a man she was interested in had clearly done her no favors. and it was painfully obvious. Cheeks flared hot instantly as he carefully took her hands in his own, the tingle of their connection calming her instantly as the thrumming vibration intensified.

"But there is one thing that I'm absolutely certain about..." his voice rumbled as his thumb stroked the skin on the back of her hand. 

Raising it to his mouth, he planted a gentle kiss on her palm. Rey's breath hitched while staring up at Ben, who quietly finished his thought in her mind.

"Just you."