Keithy and Lenny dove out from the laundry room, right into the deers path and threw two baskets of dirty laundry on the poor deer. The deer stoped in its tracks, he shook the cloths off of him and paused, just starring at Lenny and his son. Both had wide eyes. Just as he stopped, he trampled down the steps, a lone bra attached to his right antler.

Lenny took cautious steps forward with the funniest face I had seen, one arm held an empty basket the other was holding it out in front of Keithy. I could hear the crashing of glass from downstairs. I slowly followed after Lenny, peeking over his shoulder.

"Daddy, I left the front door open in case any animals wanted to come in." Becky's little voice came from the back of the line.

"Ya, did, huh?" Lenny said almost absentmindedly.

"And one did." Becky continued.

"Yeah, one crazy ass one!" Keithy threw his hands up in exasperation. I took slow cautious steps, trying to stay as close as possible to Lenny. If anything happened, I was throwing him in the way of the deer. That way it will leave time for the rest of us to get out of here. Mrs. Feder scolded her son.

"No, no, you did a nice thing, sweet heart." He told Becky. "Greg, I'm gonna need a bat!" Lenny called upstairs. I gaped up at him.

"Daddy, no!" Becky pleaded.

"Yeah, no." I agreed in a low, high pitched voice. He turned to me as if trying to say 'not helping'. His eyes were still wide and his mouth was in a straight line. I almost laughed.

He turned to his daughter. "No, no, no, I'm not gonna hit it. I'm just going to massage his head for a little bit with it." He said as we crept forward. "Okay come on."

We came to the entrance to the kitchen. Lenny was in front of me so I couldn't see over him, but he was vocal on what he saw.

"There he is. He's eating Bowser's food." His voice was at a loss of emotion from trying not to be heard by the deer. I almost laughed. "Shhh." He said. "Okay, he knows we're here now." Lenny crept more into the room, slowly. My head, along with Mrs. Feder's, Becky's, and Keithie's were sticking through the entrance.

"Stay, stay, stay." Lenny told us as he went. "What's he looking at?" The deer, was in fact, looking at something very oddly. It appeared to be Mr. Gigglesworth, Becky's stuffed monkey.

"Move your doll twords me." Lenny said without looking. Becky did as she was told as the deer's gaze followed the monkey. "And back to you. Towards me. Back to you. Three times fast." The deers gaze never left the doll. "Give me that thing." My attention came to Lenny as I watched what was to unfold. I pushed a stray blonde hair behind my ear.

"Mr. Gigglesworth?" Becky whined with her bottom lip out.

"No, don't worry. Give it to me. Put it in my hand." Lenny's eyes never left the deer in fear of it charging. He blindly grabed for the monkey and took it in hand. "Roxanne, take them in there. Over there." He waved us away. He then started to talk to the deer. My eyes furrowed as he did so.

"Hey, dude. You like this guy?" Lenny waved the stuffed monkey around. "Huh? You want to play with him?" Lenny started to back up. "All right, let's go play in the other room. Come on." He took the monkey's hand and waved the deer over with it. "Come on, man. Slowly walk with me." I could hear the deers steps quicken. "I said slowly. No. Ah!! Ah!!" Lenny started to yell as the deer ran after the monkey. "Get out of the way! Oh my God!" He yelled to the mail man. Lenny ran out the already open front door and chucked the monkey. The deer flew after Mr. Gigglesworth.

I ran out to join Lenny on the porch laughing my lungs out. My hands on my stomach as I doubled over. Lenny stood there with his hand over his head and eyes wide. "Problem solved." Lenny said.