Chapter 1-The beginning of my one long nightmare

The man of my dreams

I am Ariana Covent. I have lived 18 years of life on this earth; to kind of sum up I’m not normal. With recent events proving this statement true. I’d say I’m pretty average, don’t understand life and life doesn’t understand me. In fact life pretty much hates me, but did I cry about it? But of course, I said I’m not normal but I did not say I am not human and don’t possess emotion. Sheesh! Stop assuming stuff and unpicking my story before I get a chance to tell it. I cried alot, in the secret confinements of my small  white room...obviously. This room, the one I’ve lived in for 4 years, the one that holds many secrets and the one much to my surprise, the walls haven’t gone damp because of my tears.

Eh but whatever. Life’s too short. I don’t grow attached too many things, and this includes my room, so the walls are bare and the room has minimal furniture...I even have boxes instead of a wardrobe. I don’t like the lived in/ homely feel, I don’t know personally what it’s like to be fair, plus it means I will grow attached. As you and I both know all good things come to an end. So this is my way of preparing for that end, which is when my mum decides to leave again because she can’t commit to anything long enough, be it a house, city or a man.

As mundane and boring as life is, I try to not make it fun sometimes I wear a dress. Yes that makes a difference to everything obviously (A dress with jeans and converses. Oh you thought I meant just a dress? Now that’d be completely uncharacteristic of me, unless of course I felt possessed to look like those school sluts, Oh God No).

Well things have changed, I have changed, and life no longer makes sense anymore. My life was a mess and still is but at least I could say I’m another fucked up teenage accident...with issues. Now I don’t know.

So I thought I’d write things down. To have a grip of reality and that maybe if I wake from this dream I can refer to this, to show I still have a reality. And what’s happening is all a dream...

So it all started with that night.

I was at school and we had an event coming up, prom to be exact. No biggie. My friends Sara Tanya and I were helping the student body  as we were forced to (I think we’re ‘best friends’ I just don’t say that out loud with fear of it being true, and then you know what that means..getting attached).

After 20 minutes in, I think it’s pretty clear to say we were not wanted there. Demi Lancaster and Molly Pearson, our schools popular girls (for all the wrong reason, I might add) made it every way possible to make things awkward for us. If it wasn’t their snarky comments, it was their intimidating stares and if it wasn’t them making a complete mockery of our entire existence, well the job they gave us for prom night would. Toilet attendants.

As Demi quite sarcastically explained, that it was of the upmost importance that we clean vomit of the drunks off the floor so her floor length gown doesn’t get dirty.

Yeah right! She probably had Mollie Pearsons head so far up her ass that she believed I was going to even come to prom never mind do her duties.

LOL duties, toilet duties.sigh -I am as pathetic as Tumblr users.

In their cheerleader costumes the girls looked ‘busy’ shaking their pom poms in the football teams faces. Now I am an observer, I may not be much of a talker, but I am an over thinker. Humans fascinate me; high school is the world within a world where humans are most tested. Sadly from what I observe on a daily basis, it’s nothing the human population should be proud of.

Even animals know went to stop humping.

“Ari you know Isaac, the guy I was telling you about? Well you know how I was thinking he was going to ask me out to prom?”Tanya asked nervously.Her mellow tone brought me brought me out of my day dreams, giving her my full attention. Tanya was actually my first friend I made at Rickbridge North Prep, maybe it was just her obvious kindness in her chocolate brown eyes or maybe her annoying persistence in getting to know me, pretty soon it was obvious I wasn’t getting rid of her. Her high melodic voice was low and from the way she slowly enunciated her word, I knew something shit was up.