Chapter 1

21/06/20

Paige's pov
"I don't need help" Ellie screams in my face "then show me your arm" I scream back "theirs nothing wrong with me" "THEN" I shout "show me your arm, please Ellie" I say quieting my voice. I look at her with pleading eyes, she looks down and away from her arms and pulls her sleeve up. Her arm has an awful array of lines scattered from her wrist to her shoulder blades "oh, sweetie" I coo at her, I hold her wrist and look up at her "it's okay" I whisper to her when i feel her pulse pick up and her palms become clammy "why are you scared?" I ask, I see her gaze travel to her arms but quickly flickers back to me and something changes in her eyes "what? do i have something on my face?" I ask trying to move the non-existent mark. She slowly grabs my wrist and pulls my hand away from my face. I find myself in a trance from her eyes (you could even say mesmerised). The hazel eyes pop because of her fiery red locks of hair... "Paige, you in there?" Ellie says, waving her hand back and forth in front of my face "huh" i ask, finally realising where i was "sorry I guess I blanked" I mutter, rubbing my forehead to make it seem more believable, I know she wasn't fully convinced even when she nodded her head and walks away. I'm confused on one thing though; Why couldn't I stop staring at her lips?

Ellie's pov

That was so strange, Paige was blushing but at what?. I make my way to class and take a seat. As the bell rings Paige walks into class with a smile... that's slightly strange, she's normally wearing a scowl or a straight face. I smile at her and wave her over to the spare seat next to mine, she takes her seat and I hear Hazel scoff in annoyance from across the room "so what has you smiling, i don't see it often" I ask her, she goes to give a answer but Mr. Simpson walks in and she stops so she doesn't get in trouble.

"Alright class, listen for your name and answer if your here" he pauses

"Alex" "here"

"Cassandra" no reply came "alright, not here"

"Ellie" "here sir"

"Craig" "here"

"Paige" silence "Paige" once again no reply came "Paige Michalchuk!" he says louder still no reply came, i turn to Paige and shake her shoulder "Paige" I whisper softly "huh, yeah " she says, snapping out of whatever daydream she was in "Paige, we will talk after class" Mr. Simpson says mumbling about the subject we are working on but i cant focus because all of my focus is on Paige, why was she so out of it. I find myself in a trance with Paige when she concentrates; her eyebrows furrow and a inquisitive look on her features.

The bell rings and everyone stands up "remember to check who your partner is" Mr. Simpson says "oh, Paige stay behind so we can talk" he reminds her and then stands by his desk waiting patiently. "I'll see you at lunch" Paige says before walking over to Simpson.

Paige's Pov

"How can I help you?" I ask Mr. Simpson "Paige you weren't with us earlier and i would like to know why?" He replies i look at him questioning whether i lie or not. " Sorry Sir, my minds just not here today" I apologise "well Paige you know that not listening in class results in detention so i will see you after school" I nod and make my way to lunch. I stand outside the lunch hall, peering into the room, letting my eyes scan the crowds and different groups then I spot the ginger hair and make a b-line towards my newfound friend.

Ellie's pov

I make my way to the lunch hall and grab an apple then i make my way over to an empty table where i assume i will be alone again, Paige will forget about me and go back to her friends . I keep thinking about leaving and I start snapping my rubber band to  ease the itch that i felt crawling underneath my skin. I go to gather my stuff up when i see Paige enter the lunch hall and it feels like everyone's eyes are on me but when i look around nobody is even paying attention to me

"Hey Paige says, greeting me "hi, did you check the project list?" I ask, wanting to know whether we were working together or not "uh, no, do you want to go check it out?" Paige asks me, I give a nod of affirmation and we get up to walk to mr Simpson's room so we can look at the list of names, it reads;

List for partner work

Alex and Tegan

Craig and mason

Maddison and Cassandra

Paige and Ellie

Kieran and Piper.

"Hey, were working together" Paige says excitedly "yeah, haha, who's house?" I ask hoping that we can do it at hers "sorry Ellie but we can't do it at mine, my brother has his mates over today so we will have to do it at yours" Paige says to me "o-okay meet at the front of school at the end of the day" I say with a slight stutter, thankfully the bell rings, stoping Paige from asking me any questions "bye Paige , I got to get to class, see you later" I rush out before she could even realise what just happened.

I walk into my fifth and final lesson, art. I see Marco sat at our usual table "hey Ellie" he greets me in a happy tone "hi Marco" I greet back although it was very detached considering my racing mind wouldn't shut up "Ellie? Are you okay?" Marco asks, concern evident in his voice "uh well, I think I like Paige" I whisper the ending so no one can hear me, his eyes are wide "a-are you sure? I didn't know you liked women, or are you bisexual?" He questions "yeah I am, uh, bisexual" Marco nods to me "well, do you know whether she is gay or likes you either?" He asks me, I nod my head in denial "oh well-" The teacher walked into the room "alright class, turn to page 5 and try to make a good copy of the patterns, oh and Marco, Ellie, stop talking"

Thanks for reading, this has actually been I the works for a while but I've been busy with my birthday which was last month and I'm officially 14 so yeah thanks for reading and comment,vote and just let me know what I can do better :)