Ch 3 : Don't Catch A Cold

Start from the beginning

"Ahaha, that's good then." Wei WuXian's laughs and warmth spread over through the phone, he continued, "what are you doing now?"

That question reminded Lan WangJi that the reason he walked out of the studio was to get the kids some lunch. Finally out of daze, he took a step forward and strolled slowly. "About to get some lunch for the kids. You know a good place?"

"Ah, I'm currently having my lunch too!"

Only then Lan WangJi realized that there was occasional munching sounds on the other end of the phone. He held the urge to tell Wei WuXian to stop talking when eating. But if he did that, then they had to end the call. So, Lan WangJi let it slide just like that.

"Where are you? So I could tell you some places near."

"Seven String Studio."

"Ah, near the hotel right? If you walk to the West side of the hotel, there will be lots of restaurants. Some of them even sell balanced nutritional foods."

Lan WangJi felt his heart stirred, Wei WuXian still remembered that Cloud Recess students always ate carefully calculated nutritional foods.

"Thanks." Lan WangJi didn't understand why, but he felt that his steps were lighter than usual, like he was barely floating on the ground. "What do you have for lunch?"

"Me?" Again, he could vividly imagine Wei WuXian munched and swallowed his food in a rush. Then he heard a cough through the phone. "Wait, Lan Zhan, I-"

Lan WangJi knew Wei WuXian was choking on his food due to him eating carelessly.

"Hahahah, sorry for that, Lan Zhan. What was it? Ah, I just ate a hamburger. I had to get back to work in an hour and I am too lazy to go anywhere. This fast food restaurant is just across my office."

Lan WangJi twitched on his step. First, he didn't like the sound that Wei WuXian talked about eating fast foods like he casually ate it on a daily basis. Second, he wanted to know where Wei WuXian worked, his job, anything. But that could wait until Wei WuXian told him himself.

"Eat slowly so you won't choke on your food."

Wei WuXian's laughter rang through the phone. "Hahahaha, I'm already finished! I meant, I wanted to talk to you. If I eat first then there won't be enough time for us to talk."

He knew Wei WuXian was only teasing him, but the tip of his ear reddened uncontrollably. They talked all the way to the place where Wei WuXian had told Lan WangJi before, about the competitions, the kids, even about Yiling's cuisines. Lan WangJi stood before a restaurant, painted in green, with some words of 'the healthiest food you'll get in Yiling'. Of course, Lan WangJi would believe it.

"I've arrived."

"Oh?"

"They said the have the healthiest food in Yiling."

He could hear Wei WuXian chuckled. "Ahahaha, of course, of course. Go do your things, I'll wait."

Lan WangJi stepped inside the restaurant, scanned the menu and quickly ordered 12 portions of them. Luckily, he thought to himself, there weren't too many people in the restaurant. After about 15 minutes of waiting, which was pretty quick as he ordered large portions, Lan WangJi took the meals packed inside a big box. He set the box on a table, pulled a wireless ear piece and tucked it on his ear, took the box again and walked outside.