closed starter

though sunset had since descended on ba sing se,   a sunset the colour of bruises and just as impermanent,   the night was still young in the earth kingdom city

though sunset had since descended on ba sing se, a sunset the colour of bruises and just as impermanent, the night was still young in the earth kingdom city. bustling with activity—as those with jobs during the day retired to their leisure and those who kept the city alive at night with restaurants, entertainment and the like began to set up for their nocturnal shifts—it was easy to see why so many coveted a residence here. it was lively and welcoming: and in the small pocket of existence that akira had led yun to, hand-in-hand, it was even more so.

the upper-class district was where akira had been staying, electing to call a small townhouse her own temporarily rather than the palace where azula was accommodated. as a result, she'd spent the last few days exploring the surrounding city—she'd been here a handful of times, and it seemed to change like the seasons every occasion. there was always something new to be found.

and she had found it. a small park, encircled by trees and smoothly split open by a stream, the place was akira's go-to for quiet time and reflection (she found herself doing a lot of that these days). there were flowers growing by the water, and the turtle ducks had made a home where the stream pooled at the edge of the glade; not unlike the hideaway yun had shown akira when they first met.

gently tugging yun into the glade—her fingers intertwined with the waterbender's, they fit just right—akira seemed satisfied with her find. here, it felt safe. serene.

with yun, it was a feeling akira wanted to get used to.

" what do you think? worth skipping out on your friends? "

closed starter for
yun.