Chapter 37: Genesis

Comincia dall'inizio

"I see. No matter who makes him happy now, he deserves it." Guinevere replied.

"You deserve to be happy too. I have an idea! But promise me you'll come with us to the Vonetis Islands." Angela giggled.

"The last time you giggled like that, you gave me a night gown. Why do I feel like you're about to do something naughty again?"

"I'm not going to give you another night gown. I'm going to give you a swimsuit!"

"Hahaha! Okay..."

"I'm excited to see how Gusion would react." Angela gave Guinevere a devilish smile.

"He's probably used to seeing girls in swimsuit, you know. He's been travelling a lot."

"Well, they're not you. We shall see. See you tomorrow, Guinny! We'll leave at 6am, so meet us at the lobby before six? Angela gave Guinevere a hug before she went back to the condo.

Guinevere woke up early the next morning to prepare and went straight to the condo lobby to meet with her friends. They rode in a limousine to the airport where their private plane was waiting for them.

"Where's Gusion?" She asked Angela.

"He's on his way. Ugh, he had to meet with Benedetta, said it was urgent." Angela responded annoyingly.

"Oh." Guinevere understood why Angela was annoyed. For some reason, she felt annoyed too.

I shouldn't be. I don't have the right to be jealous.

They arrived at the airport at around eight. Everyone took their seats on the plane as if the arrangement was planned. Angela sat beside Chou, Alucard beside Granger, and Claude actually reserved a seat for Dexter.

Okay. I guess I'm sitting beside Gusion.

Before Guinevere could take a seat, Gusion arrived.

"Hi." He greeted her.

"Gusion, hey."

They sat on the remaining two empty seats.

Guinevere noticed that their friends suddenly stopped talking. They're all looking at her and Gusion. Angela smiled at her. She knew exactly what that smile was for.

"So, are you guys ready to get drunk tonight? Me, I can't wait!" Alucard broke the silence before Gusion could notice them.

"More like you're ready to be dragged to wherever you'll be sleeping tonight." Granger corrected.

They all burst into laughter.

"Did you get enough sleep last night?" Gusion asked Guinevere.

"Yeah, I did sleep early. Why do you ask?"

"You were sick yesterday. Just wanted to make sure you feel better now. You don't have to drink and swim if you're still not feeling well."

Guinevere stared at him. She was touched by the concern he's showing her. He's still the most genuine person she has ever met. Every little thing he does seemed to easily melt her heart.

"Is there something wrong?" Gusion asked her when she did not respond and was just staring at his face.

"Uhm, no no! Sorry, I uhm, I'm okay, I mean I feel better now. Thanks."

"Good." Gusion smiled at her.

The flight attendant asked everyone to buckle up as the plane is about to take off.

"What's wrong?" Gusion asked Guinevere again when he noticed she was having a hard time putting her seatbelt on.

"I think it's stuck."

"Let me see."

Gusion took the seatbelt from the other side of Guinevere's seat so he was so close to her. She froze as she stared at him. The scent of his perfume brought back so many happy memories with him back when she was still in the City of Scholars. It's the scent she would wake up to every morning in her flat, the one that excites her at school, the scent that calms her...

"It's all good now." Gusion smiled at her.

She thanked him but felt a bit disappointed. She was secretly hoping it would take him forever to fix her seatbelt.

She suddenly noticed Angela smiling widely at her beside Chou.

You did this, you little doll. Guinevere just smiled back at her as if thanking her.

This is crazy.
Why do I feel so excited about whatever Angela was planning to do?
This isn't right...
Why do I get so nervous whenever Gusion is around?
Everything feels like I was falling in love with him for the first time again.
I wish I could go back to the time when he was all mine.

Angela suddenly played a music on her phone that is connected to a speaker.

"I need your love
And I'm dying for the rush
'Cause my heart ain't got enough
I need your touch
This is getting serious
Tell me that it's not the end of us
How can we go back to the beginning?
Without you, I've got no air to breathe in
How can we go back to the beginning?"

"It's a nice song." Gusion commented.

Guinevere nodded but did not respond. She closed her eyes as she continued listening to the song.

I love you, Gusion Paxley. I love you so much. Guinevere thought. She's been dying to say it out loud since Gusion arrived at the pastry shop.

*****
Author's note:
The song that Angela played is attached - Genesis by Dua Lipa. 💜