Prologue

*Dialogue rights go to the creators of Spirited Away*

"There's no water here. I can walk across now," I said to him looking towards the green landscape before us while he held my hand.

"But I can't go any farther. Just go back the way you came. You'll be fine. But you have to promise not to look back. Not until you've passed through the tunnel," he explained. I understood what he told me to do, but for some reason I felt sad that I was leaving.

"Will we meet again sometime?" I asked.

"I'm sure we will."

"Promise?"

"Promise. Now go! And don't look back." I turned away from him and started pulling away. Then I wasn't holding his hand anymore. I ran across the grass excited to see my parents back to normal, but I still felt sad.

"Chihiro! Where have you been?! Hurry up!" My mom called out to me. Both her and my dad stood in front of the tunnel waving me over.

"Mom! Dad!" I shouted running towards them.

"You shouldn't run off like that, honey," Mom said.

"You could get in big trouble," Dad chimed in. I guess Haku was right when he said they wouldn't remember anything.

"Are you guys sure you're alright?" I asked carefully.

"Let's go. I don't wanna miss the movers," Mom replied ignoring my question. At least they were back to normal. I watched as they walked away from me and for a minute I wanted to look back. But I remebered what I promised him and stopped myself before looking. Then, we passed through the tunnel.