I DID IT FOR YOU.

Sage.... this wasn't supposed to happen. I know you're too young to understand this right now but I had to do this for you. I'm your family, Sage. I'm your father. I will do anything for you because that's what fathers do, Sage.

"So can you tell us, where you were last night?"

It's alright Sage. I've lied to the police many time. White male, with a three year old daughter? I'm not their guy. They know I'm not their guy. I didn't do this. I would never kill your family Sage. I'm saving you, because you, Sage, are everything. You are my only daughter. The only person I have ever loved.

"Sure thing. So, I was here. With my daughter, yeah. I was with my daughter but oh, our neighbors boyfriend has a crazy drug problem and acting up again so she'll be staying here for a few days until he's off to rehab."

It just so happens that his drug problem is going to be just the thing we need to start our new life, Sage. Because of him, I have my alibi. Gina was here all night with insomnia and she's vouching for me. Of course, she's made her demands. Typical. Anything for you, though, Sage.

"Is there something I can help you with, I'm sorry, I'm a little confused."

This is where it gets tricky Sage, the detectives are about to tell me what I did and I need to sell my reaction. I may be terrified. I could lose everything but its you. You're the reason I can do this because my love for you is stronger than any lie or self-doubt.

"Mr. Bettelheim... we have some bad news. Around 6am this morning, the Quinn Family's maid found three bodies. One of which, your girlfriend, Love Quinn and her parents Ray Quinn and Dottie Quinn. We're thoroughly investigating to find out what may have happened. Is there anything you can tell us? Any information?"

This is my moment, Sage. If it comes out to be a little theatrical, I'm sorry. This is just necessary. The police can't suspect me in the slightest. Or you'll lose me forever and you need a father, Sage.

"No, I.... wait what?? What do you mean that Love is dead? Oh my God, I think I'm going to be sick."

Like I said, Sage. Theatrical.

"Hey, we understand if you need some time. We will need to confirm your alibi with your neighbor. As long as that checks out, you'll be ruled out as a suspect. I'm so sorry to tell you this, you're only a person of interest as of right now. Don't leave town, we'll be in touch."

Well, shit, Sage. I think that's a great response. Hell, maybe I should take up acting.

"Oh, yeah. Gina works at a coffee shop  on fifth Avenue. I don't know much but I know Love was fighting with her father about some big secret. She never said what it was. Only just that she didn't want to bring me into her mess. I should have tried harder. To help her. Maybe there was something I could have done."

Crying over your mother, Sage, is torture, but I know you appreciate what I have to do for you to have a better life.

"We'll check in with Gina. And be in touch, and I'm sorry for your loss. Between us man, I really hope your alibi checks out because your daughter is lucky to have you."

Well Sage, it's all going to plan. Killing the Quinn family is the best thing to happen to both of us. I knew it would work out because it's all for you.