my, my, how could i resist ya?

Start from the beginning

travis reloads the camcorder's battery, going deeper and deeper into the game, completely tuning out everything that's happening outside of his monitor - which isn't much, really, cooper's in his room doing a stream of his own and he's got no clue what carson and noah are up to. as the game progresses, he finds the fear slowly slinking away.

at least, until someone donates thirty dollars and the loud scream plays again.

he sighs, biting his lip and quietly mumbling as he directs miles through mount massive, collecting classified files and picking up more batteries. "oh my gosh, this game," he murmurs, picking up another blue folder marked [classified].

travis passes the wheelchair guy, the room with the three guys watching static, rooms with dead security guards, and the littlest sounds are scaring him more and more. the music also grows eerier as he continues, getting louder until he can hardly hear his own voice, then quieting down once he exits the room he's in.

he finds himself wondering how anyone else can play this game. he's an hour into his stream at this point, ducking down underneath beds as the variant searches for him whilst he looks for the gas pumps to turn the generator back on. he's so scared, shrieking or making random noises whenever the donation scream comes on or when the variant is chasing him.

"i hate scary games, they're so scary," travis whines into the mic, rubbing his eyes. the camcorder's low battery signal beeps quietly as he walks into a room, and he slaps a battery into the device, answering a text-to-speech ask right as the variant enters the room he's in. he yelps, trying to get out of the room, but ends up dying. after restarting, he finds out where the first gas pump is, pushing the button and quickly hiding underneath a bed to avoid the variant currently searching for him.

"just another ghost," the variant murmurs, and travis mocks him with a breathy giggle, staying where he's hidden until he's positive the other guy is gone. he slips out from under the bed and reloads the battery again, eventually finding the second pump and activating it too. hiding in the locker after he's activated the two gas pumps, he takes a moment to catch his breath and read from the chat. "what does poggers mean? not what's happening now, dude," he chuckles softly. eventually, he's out of the basement and back in the administration block, breathing a sigh of relief and relaxing against his chair.

an hour and thirty-five minutes into his stream and he's still playing, seemingly immersed in the game. he's trying to make his way to the showers, giggling along to the media-share videos his donators send in. distant screams fill his ears as he manoeuvres his character throughout the asylum, but he pays no attention, following the blood down the halls like the game commands. he finds the keycard and makes it to the showers with ease, reading the new objective on screen.

[new objective; exit through the showers.]

"exit through the showers? interesting, my friend, interesting," he murmurs, exiting the room and almost immediately getting killed. "what? where did i get murdered from? what the-" he lets out a quiet sob and frowns, letting the game reset at his last save point. luckily, it autosaves, and he's right back where he was in the showers, now noticing it was the two psychopathic brothers that want his tongue and liver for some reason.

more time passes, and now he's in the sewers, looking for the drain valve to drain water from the lower junction pipe, finding it relatively easily and escaping the variant trying to find him. jeez, how many variants even are there in this game? he doesn't count father martin, because as far as he knows, the guy's a priest (or used to be? he doesn't know). so far there's been, like, seven? eight? all he knows is that they're trying to kill him for whatever reason. maybe they just like killing people.