Toxic

WARNING! Please do not read further if you're uncomfortable with gaslighting, toxic behavior and potrayal of unhealthy relationships in general.

DO NOT ROMANTICIZE ANYTHING FROM THIS BOOK. THIS IS A WORK OF FICTION AND SHOULD NEVER BE REPLICATED IN THE REAL WORLD.

THIS IS NOT A POTRAYAL OF LOVE NOR THIS IS THE NORM OF 'LOVE'. THIS IS ABUSE AND SHOULD NEVER BE NORMALIZED IN THE REAL WORLD.

OPHELIA'S BEHAVIOR IS ABNORMAL AND ABUSIVE. IT SHOULD NEVER BE SEEN AS ROMANTIC OR DESIRABLE.

"(Y/n)!" He sternly glared at you as he restrained your wrists.

"Damn it, Give me some space and time to process this alone!" You frowned, Ophelia won't stop chasing after you.

"What is wrong with you? This isn't the end of the world, why are you acting like it is?" He maintained his iron grip on you so you won't escape.

"Well shit, this shows how little you understand the crap you're gonna put me through— let me go, let me gather my thoughts alone..." you whimpered, thrashing in his hold.

"Then make me understand instead of running away. Throwing a petty tantrum isn't going to solve anything, we need to talk." Now, this is a massive problem of Ophelia. He's... clingy. He cannot grasp the concept of giving time to 'cool off' or 'gather thoughts'.

The blond is impatient when it comes to almost everything. Though not forceful (yet), he's pushy and persistent. He always wants things to go his way. You, mainly being the passive in the relationship usually give in without a second thought to avoid unnecessary conflict with your boyfriend of two years.

"Yeah, it won't solve nothin'. But I will screw things up. Damn! let me prepare myself first! Give me time to think about it!" You tried prying his fingers off, but it's locked shut.

"Agh! What—"

Suddenly, he threw you over his shoulders and carried you like a sack of potatoes. Your arms dangle behind him and your eyes are facing the ground.

"Ophelia!"

"You need to calm down." He growled, calmly walking to the direction to the bedroom.

You flailed your arms and legs, hitting his back with the best of your abilities. However, it just felt like an ant bite to him, you're weak.

The heterochromatic male rolled his pecuiliar eyes and pushed his glasses up.

"What is with you!? You never refused a cup of my hot chocolate before!" He exasperatedly raised his voice, Ophelia is getting frustrated too. But not at the idea of his secret relationship being exposed, but at your odd reaction to all of this.

You should be happy! Now less women or men will go pursue him because they knew that he is yours and yours only. Likewise for you— well, you never had any romantic admirers to begin with.

Also, you'll get more attention from the media too! In a way, he is promoting your name. What's so bad about being officially labeled as his sweetheart? Is he not good enough for you?

"Y'know, for a celeb that really values personal space, you're hypocritical. Listen, what I'm trying to do now is literally choose the best course of action so I won't mess shit up with my impulse... yelling." You gritted your teeth and took a deep breath.

"Then do it. Why do you need to push me away?" He tapped his foot on the carpeted floor.

"It's because I can't do that shit with you pokin' me mentally and physically! What the hell— what is so hard to understand that we all need some alone time!?" You yelled back.