" We took one egg from me and one egg from Boss Number Five. One sperm was taken from Boss Number Two and Boss Number Twelve. You two children grew up in tanks beside each other. I thought you two would be inseparable. Until one night, the next morning you would be ready to be pulled out of your tanks, Boss Number Twelve decided to come to my office and tell me that we should get all the credit for creating these weapons. I of course told him that everyone deserved the credit for this astounding feat. After I told him that, he shook his head and told me I would be sorry.

"The next morning, your equal was gone, and in his tank was a letter. I'll give you the letter and let you read it after I'm done. So I told the other Bosses what had happened between Boss Number Twelve and I. We decided just to raise you to your full potential. Long story short, you have a male counterpart out there, that has been trained as equally hard as you. That is just as special as you. Boss Number Twelve has raised him to be an efficient killing machine. He is supposed to kill all the Bosses, you included. It is your mission to kill him first."

I couldn't think of a way to react to her story, I could see in her face that a weight has been lifted off her shoulders. She had been waiting to tell this story for a very long time. She hands me a piece of paper, yellowed with age. I take it and automatically start reading.

"Let me warn you, my first name is on that letter, do your best to forget it please." She says smiling.

Dear Imogene,

I have taken him. I told you, you would be regretful of your actions. I will raise him, Phoenix, I will call him. I will raise him and make sure his abilities will turn him out to be a flawless, unbeatable killing machine. He will be millions of times better then Agent 13 will be.

On the night of their 18th birthdays I will send Phoenix out, to destroy you, all the Bosses and Agent 13. Then we will conquer the world. We will be dictators, anyone who dares deify me will face death. You included. Maybe just maybe I will make him bring you back to me.

I've always wanted you to be mine. You will be my woman, Then we will create armies of our super-human weapons. The human way.

Until that fateful night I bid you adieu.

                                                                                                                    -Stephen

I don't even have time to emotionally react before she's on her whole                                              this-is-an-everyday-occurrence talks.

"So, I've decided your mission only calls for two people. You need to stop Phoenix before he gets close to our base. The person I've chosen for you is young, still seventeen like yourself. He has had several surgeries for strength, agility, reflexes, and senses. He is also a strong fighter. But has not had the Pill yet. Agent 34, I presume you know him, his name is Cody. You will both leave in a weeks time. We need to prepare. You're dismissed."

I hear the exhaustion in her voice and choose not to argue. I walk out of her office, and decide I've totally given up on life. Cody. Just my luck. The fate of the world rests in my hands and......Cody's.

"Hey!" A voice comes out of nowhere.

I jump into a fighting stance. Then see the last person I want to see. Cody.

"Whoa babe, calm down! Did you hear the good news? We're working toge---"

In a second I'm right in his face hissing menacingly into his ear. "This is not a good thing Cody. You joke around too much. This is dangerous, picture me but bloodthirsty all the time, never letting my guard down. This is a killer, Cody.  He wants to destroy our life as we know it!"

I step back and glare at him, and he rubs his neck and says "Babe... you are bloodthirsty, I've seen you fight, anyways I'm not scared I have you to protect me!"

I roll my eyes and let out an exasperated sound, "I care for you Cody, that's why I'm taking this so seriously."

He smiles and it even reaches his aqua eyes, "Thanks babe!"

I take off down the hall and then stop and look over my shoulder eyeing his long hair and say, "One more thing, get your hair cut."

"UGHH." He groans and heads off in the opposite direction.

I start to turn before I remember one thing, "Hey!"

Cody turns to look at me and raises his brow.

"Call me babe one more time and I'll kick your ass."

Cody smirks and says, "Anything for you lover," and continues walking.

Heyyyy! Was that good? I hope so! Vote and Comment!!!<#