•6•

"So are we going casual or classy?" My sassy daughter asks.
"Were going for whatever you can get on in five minuets because we're going to be late." I say, slipping on my shoes.
"Alright!" She yells, running to her room.
Mum: where are you?
Allison: on my way. Audrey is being a diva.
"Okay let's go!" Audrey says, walking out in her Cinderella dress, and a tiara on her head.
"Audrey, what are you wearing?" I ask.
"You said anything I can put on in five minuets!" She says.
"Fine, were going to be late." I groan. I grab her hand and hear her plastic shoes clack on the ground as we walk out of the house and across the street.
I walk up to the door and ring the doorbell.
Nikki opens the door, shooting me a smile.
"Oh look at you! What a beautiful princess!" She says.
"Thank you!" Audrey smiles.
"Come on in guys."
We walk inside and I see everyone gathered around the dining room talking as they wait for dinner. Audrey makes her grand entrance, walking straight over to Harrison.
"Hey there." she wiggles her eyebrows at him and I literally face palm.
"Hi there Cinderella." he says as he sees her costume. "What's up?"
"Oh just lookin for my prince." she says, having way too direct eye contact with him. My daughter is already a flirt and she's only six. This is an issue.
"Alright missy go hang out with gran and gramps." I say.
"This ain't finished yet." she points her finger at Haz before walking to my parents.
"Oh my god." I sigh.
"So.. what was that?" Haz laughs.
"It seems that you're her first crush." I say.
"She has the attitude of a teenager." he says.
"Oh god I know." I say. "I don't know what I'm going to do with her once she actually is one."
Tom walks over to us with a weird look on his face.
"Uh, Why did Audrey just ask me to put in a good word for her?" Tom asks.
"Her crush on Haz." I roll my eyes.
"That's cute, her first crush." Tom laughs.
We all sit down to eat and Audrey chooses to sit between Tom and Haz. I watch as they talk, Tom and Audrey have this instant connection that only a father and his daughter have. How has he not figured it out yet?.. I feel like part of me wishes he would, but I also would hate if he found out. I don't need that drama and neither does Audrey.
"Wow she eats zucchini? I can't even get my grown adult boys to eat that." Nikki says.
"Yeah I was really persistent with introducing different kinds of food when she was little, she'll eat just about anything." I say.
"You are a fantastic mother Allison, I am truly blown away." she says and I smile.
"Thank you Nikki, that means a lot." I say.
Although she wouldn't think I'm a fantastic mother if she knew the truth.
"So you haven't told us much about New York?" She says.
"Well.. there's not much to tell.. I worked in marketing for Calvin Klein. Audrey went to private school with snobs for kids so I switched her into a special arts school. That's how she got into ballet." I explain.
"You know Toms got some great connections in the dance world, he could find her an amazing private teacher if she ever thinks about getting serious with dance." Dom says.
"Oh I don't think-"
"I want to be a ballerina!" Audrey says.
"I can definitely call some people if you're interested." Tom says.
"You're still so young honey." I say. "How do you know you wanna be a ballerina?"
"I can feel it, I love it" she says, her eyes were genuine.
Now that? That passion? That was completely her father. That was one of the few times I couldn't help but see Tom in her.
"Okay." I smile.
Our evening goes on, the food was great, everyone being together was great. Every day I spend back here is bringing me closer and closer to my old self.

*Toms pov*
I sit outside with Haz, Allie, and Audrey. The sun is setting and its pretty cold.
"I'm going to go grab a blanket." Allie says.
"I'm going to go get some tea." Haz says.
They go inside together and Audrey turns to me.
"Can I ask you something?" She asks.
"Yeah whats up?" I ask her.
"You and my momma were boyfriend and girlfriend right?" She asks, a brow raised.
"Uh yeah, a while ago." I nod.
"So.. does that mean you're my dad?" She asks.
"Oh." I say, a little shocked at the question. "Um.. no. Im not your dad."
"Man.." she frowns. "I don't think I'll ever find him.."
"Why are you trying to find him?" I ask.
"I want to know why he hasn't come and seen me." she says. "I pray every night that he will come to my ballet recitals.. but he never does."
I see Allie standing a few feet behind us, a frown on her face. I could tell Audrey's words broke her heart. I just wanted to make everyone feel okay. Seeing Audrey upset was just as bad as seeing Allison upset.
Allie pushes it aside and walks out like she didn't hear.
"Hey sweetie, ready to go?" She asks Audrey.
"Yeah." the girl nods, getting up. "Night Tom." she waves.
"Night squirt." I say.
"Why don't you go find gran, ill be over in a minuet." Allie says and Audrey goes inside.
"Sorry I didn't know what to say.." I say.
"You did fine." she shakes her head, sitting down. "I'm a terrible mother."
"What? Why would you say that?" I ask.
"I am making my child believe that her dad didn't want her." she says, about in tears.
"No, you didn't do anything. I don't know who he is, but if he wanted to be in her life he would be. And any guy would be lucky to have such an amazing child with such an amazing woman." I say.
"I need to go.." she says, quickly standing and walking out.
I watch as she says goodbye to everyone, obviously really upset over this. I want to make her sit down and vent to me.. but that's not my place anymore. God I wish it was.. but it's not.
Haz makes his way back out and gives me a concerned look.
"Everything okay?" He asks.
"Audrey asked me if I was her dad." I state.
"Okay.." he says, waiting for me to continue.
"She should be my daughter. She should be mine, not some assholes in New York." I say.
"You miss Allison, don't you?" He asks.
"Yeah.."
How could I not miss Allie? She was the first, and only love of my life..

A/N: prepare. Angst is coming.