"Maknae"

Seungsik watches with pursed lips as their maknae leaves the dorm yet again for a 'meet-up with a friend', as the boy had put it. Just what friend? Who is this suddenly taking up all of Subin's time? Why can't they meet up here, at the dorm? 

All these extremely valid questions are ones still filling the main vocalists mind as he plops down on the sectional with a sight, his arms crossed defiantly over his chest. Sejun sighs loudly beside him, stretching his body out like a spoiled house cat and consequently resting his head in the older man's lap.  

"I swear," he grumbles, earning Seungsik's attention suddenly. "You and Chan-hyung are so bad about getting jealous over the simplest of things. It's just a friend, Seungsik hyung. Just let the maknae be. It isn't as if you don't have friends outside of the group, or anything." 

"That's not what's bothering me," Seungsik defends, huffing out a breath. "He can have as many friends as he wants... I just don't like that these friends of his are monopolizing so much of his time." He smirks then, quirking up a teasing brow. "I don't know why you're trying to talk, Sejunie~ I saw you hanging on him last night like your life depended on it, and then you whined like a five-year-old when he said he had to go to the bathroom. You've noticed the change, too." Sejun 'hmmphs' at this, not wanting to admit how right Seungsik is. 

Chan shuffles into the room, seeming incredibly downtrodden as he sighs out a heavy breath. He throws himself onto the sectional next to Seungsik, snuggling up to his same-age friend with a pout set on his handsome face. 

"Aiiiish," Seungsik jokingly complains, an arm wrapping around the other. "What's the matter, Chan-ah?" 

"Subinie's gonna leave us..." he mumbles, earning a slight chuckle from Sejun. Seungsik groans loudly, rolling his eyes. 

"No, he isn't," Seungsik assures him. He squirms about until the two move and allow him up, standing before them with his hands set defiantly on his shoulders. "Call everyone home, we need to come up with a game plan." 

"To what?" Sejun asks, though Seungsik is already stomping his way over to the kitchen. 

"To win back our maknae!" he shouts over his shoulder. Chan and Sejun share a bemused glance, not even hesitating to pull out their phones and do as they were told.  

Subin lets loose a tired groan as he returns to the dorm that night, utterly exhausted—and a little tipsy—from his night out with some of his other rapper-idol friends. He swears, Jessi could practically drink him under the table... She would have, too, if Subin hadn't had the foresight to practice some self-restraint. 

Needless to say, he's more than happy when he gets home to some delicious smells wafting throughout the space. His mouth waters as he recognizes them all as aromas as his favorite foods, and he quickly removes his shoes to stumble over to the kitchen.  

His hyungs are already sitting around the table they use for dining, but none of the food seems to be touched. They all look to be waiting for something in particular, which makes Subin very confused indeed. 

"Ah, Subinie~!" Seungsik greets upon noticing the maknae standing in the doorway. "Welcome home~ Are you hungry?" Subin's rumbling stomach is all the reply Seungsik needs, and he can't help but chuckle a little as Subin teeters over to sit in between Hanse and Seungwoo. Hanse moves over immediately to cuddle with the younger, kissing him on his cheek as Seungwoo places a loud kiss on the top of his head. Subin giggles at the attention, his chubby cheeks heating up in embarrassment. 

“What’s the occasion?” Subin can’t help but ask curiously. The others give him a collective look of confusion, and he waves at the food before him. “These are like… all my favorite things. Y’all haven’t gotten together to finally kill me, and this is my last meal to lull me into a state of complacency, is it?” He’d meant it as a light joke, but Sejun apparently thinks it’s the funniest damn thing he’s ever heard. The lanky dancer slaps his hand against the floor, his adorable laughter ringing through the dorm clearly. Subin chuckles himself, amused more by Sejun’s own amusement than his joke.