Friends For Never And Ever: Chapter 1

• Dedicated to Shayna Frenken

It all started last summer when Sophie, my best friend since kindergarten, and I were packing to go on a trip to Florida with my family. Sophie's parents weren't around much since they were always working. Sophie would usually stay at my house when her parents aren't home. She is like my sister.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention, my name is Maddison Renolds. I live with my parents and my little brother, Emanuel. My dad, Leonard, works as a music teacher at my school, Mackenzie High. Michelle, my mom, is a lawyer at a well-known firm owned by our family.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, Maddi, which bikini should I bring? The blue one or the pink one?" Sophie asks me holding them up. "Both. The blue matches your eyes and the pink looks beautiful on you." I say to her while packing my last pair of jean shorts.

My parents were downstairs making sure everything was in order and my brother was outside saying goodbye to all his friends. "Are you girls almost done?" Asks my mom from downstairs. "Yeah, we're done." Sophie and I say at the same time.

Sophie put on her backpack full of clothes and pulls her rolling suitcase out of my bedroom door. "Wait up, Soph!" I tell her and rush out. We jump into my parents van and zoom towards the airport.

The ride wasn't too long seeing as the airport wasn't too far. After we made it past all the security, we were finally at the gate. We all gave the lady our tickets and speed walked through the tunnel. When we got to the door of the plane, the flight attendant greeted us with a pleasant smile.

We sat in our seats and put on our seatbelts. "Ladies and gentleman, this is your capitan speaking.  We will be flying non-stop to Miami, Florida. Please turn off all electronics and keep your seatbelt buckled until the seat belt sign is off. Thank you and enjoy your flight."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Maddi! Wake up!" I jerk my head forward only to hit it against Sophie's. "Why did you wake me up like that?" I asked with an eyebrow raised. She had the biggest smile on her face. "Are you okay? You're face looks like it's about to split in half because of your smile." I look over to my window to see that we had already landed. "Ladies and gentleman, we are now in the state of Florida." Everyone on the plane started to clap and cheer and I just went along with it.

When we got off the plane, my brother was so freaked out he was holding onto my mom for dear life. I look over at Sophie and I see her jumping with excitment. This was her first flight ever. I thought she was going to be a lot more scared. I take her hand and walk with her though the tunnel.

After we made it through some more security my dad went to go catch a cab, mom went to go buy my brother some water and Sophie and I were just left here. "Are you excited?" I ask Sophie. She nods her head so hard I thought it was going to pop off. I pulled her arm to drag her outside. She pulled back. "Want to look at the place." I look back at her and tell her that we have to go find my dad. While I'm trying to convince Sophie why we should go find my dad, I bump into something.

That's when I saw him.