Chapter 5: Fate Intertwined

It was already lunch break and Nayeon was just about to head over Jisoo's classroom but even before she could leave her seat, the figure of Jisoo hiding by the entrance door greeted her. There's no way that Nayeon couldn't see her even though only half of her figure was showing. After all, Jisoo just stands out too much because of her goddess-like beauty. Even Nayeon's classmates were staring at Jisoo with their blushing faces.

"Who's that? Is she your friend too, Nayeon?" Daniel asked, staring at Jisoo with an awed expression. "She's very pretty."

"That's Kim Jisoo." Shownu stated. "She rank first in the entrance exam, didn't you know?"

"I'll see you guys later." Nayeon exclaimed, chuckling at how Jisoo looked wary standing by the door. "Jisooya!"

"Yah! Why didn't you reply to my messages?" Jisoo complained as soon as Nayeon appeared to her side. "I was worried! Speaking of which, where is that foreigner?" Jisoo asked, craning her neck for any possible appearance of Vernon.

"Yah. Stop glaring. Vernon's not here. He went to meet his friend from a different class." Nayeon answered. "Where are the others?"

"I told them to buy us lunch while I'll go and fetch you. They all insisted to come along but I kicked them by their shins. Hah!" Jisoo bragged.

By the time that Jisoo and Nayeon arrived at the cafeteria, the boys were already settled on their seats. Minhyun saw them first and waved his hands up. Jisoo quickly pulled Nayeon with her and sat on the seats that their friends had reserved.

"So, where is that punk?" Eunwoo asked as soon as Nayeon sat down.

"Yah!" Nayeon nagged.

"But seriously, my Nayeon is so famous in her class." Jisoo exclaimed, earning her some curious looks from their friends. "When I went to fetch her earlier, Nayeon was surround with two boys and a girl, not including that weird foreigner."

"Don't worry guys. They're nice people." Nayeon assured. "And Vernon is a nice guy too." She noted, earning her some unconvinced looks. "It's just because he's a foreigner and have been living overseas. That's why skinship was normal for them."

After hearing the word 'skinship', all eyes went towards her. Jisoo looked like she's about to cry while the boys looked disgusted by the thought of it.

"If he'll try anything like that to you, I'll make sure to chop his head off." Eunwoo commented.

"Forget about it. Don't even think about agreeing with this kind of thing." Jinyoung seconded.

"I'm the only one allowed to do skinship with you, mom!" Minhyun continued.

"Just thinking about it—" Rowoon couldn't even finish his words and looked like he's about to barf.

"Guys! Your over reacting." Nayeon said. "Stop being so protective of me. It's not like you're my boyfriend." Nayeon stated, making the boys freeze on their spot.

Jisoo was equally upset as the boys were but after hearing Nayeon's statement, it finally dawned on her that the way the boys were reacting was kind of like a jealous boyfriend. Jisoo smirked, thinking about her goal of making the male protagonists fall for Nayeon instead.

"You're doing it again! Stop smiling like that. It's hella scary." Eunwoo stated, staring at Jisoo.

"Aish." Jisoo cursed towards Eunwoo.

"Anyway, we're just worried for you Nayeon-ah. Please don't misunderstand us." Jinyoung said, looking apologetic.

"I know. I understand." Nayeon smiled and continued to eat her lunch.