"I'll take a sample, uh your majesty I'll talk to you privately later once I get a reading on this. If your other self is made of this, it's definitely not just soot," Professor Mumford said leaving. I held Simon and looked at him. He sure left quickly.

"And then there were two..." Simon said.

"Simon, what's his deal? I mean you feel it too right, like he knows something..." I said. Simon was scrutinizing me, pursing his lips.

"How should I know? Are you suggesting I'm hiding something?" He said defensively.

"Just asking geez, well are you?" He was quiet and then started laughing.

"Yeah, I want to stay in this stupid mirror and slow down this investigation by hiding crucial information. Look the professor is probably just upset because he feels like it's his fault I'm like this...what's your deal, seriously?"

"Huh, what does my "deal" have anything to do with what we were just talking about?" I wasn't going ot let him turn this on me. 

"It has nothing to do with it, I was just thinking about when we met and I asked you the same question. You never answered it so I'm thinking why should I trust you when I don't know much about you?" He said with a friendly smile. Felt more threatening.

"So you are hiding something, look I had a fight with my older sibling, and then I ended up here. There you happy?" I said.

"No I mean why are so mean and bossy to me?" He asked, "What did I ever do to you?"

"You actually wanna know why I'm so "mean" to you, it's because this entire time you've been annoying and constantly joking and never the bit helpful or serious. Literally, since day one, it's always cracking jokes and pushing my buttons! Simon why can't you work with me here, Edmund and Lucy have taken the time to help you! I was brought here to help you! Why can't you see that I want to like you and be your friend but damnit, You're such a jackass!"

He looked hurt and confused. I was a little relieved. Where did that come from? I mean yeah, I've been stressing about this whole thing recently and my monthly just had to hit me too but I didn't realize how much anger I was building up.

"Simon...I'm sorry for blowing up on you like that, it's just...we're trying to help and you keep avoiding and hiding things from us. I just want to help you get your body back and if you want, to be friends...I'm sorry," I said sitting down on the floor with the mirror in hand.

"It's okay (Y/n), you're right...I'm a complete jackass," he finally said after a moment of silence. "You're also right about Professor Mumford knowing more and about me hiding something," he looked at me for the first time since I met him with such sorrow and sincerity.

"I'm listening," I quietly said.

"I lied about my memory, I never lost it I always knew what happened, everything before and I unknowingly did this to myself," he said.

"Why?"

"Because I just wanted something anything that would secure my reign as king, to be successful. So that I could be the king everyone needs me to be...(Y/n) My father passed away almost a year ago and I was up next for the throne. My studies were tripled, and I was juggling my new responsibilities as an heir. I made the decision not to be crowned until I felt ready. Recently though the kingdom has been questioning my leadership and even though my advisors are doing their best, it's not enough. So, I announced I would be crowned in a few weeks from now. But I'm not ready. The thing is I couldn't tell anyone that, they needed me and I couldn't bear to let them down...let my father down."