Chapter 1: A New Group

Prologue Winner: Choice 1 - Y/n joins Jihyun's organization.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I put the last couple pieces of my clothing away in my closet, my phone's alarm goes off. I close my closet doors and walk toward my nightstand, where my phone sits. I turn my alarm off, which gave me a reminder that I have to get ready to go to the party the organization was invited to.

I joined the R.F.A. two days ago when Jihyun asked me that night. Apparently, some of the members tend to stay awake extremely late, which is why I met them after Jihyun and another member, named Saeyoung, talked me through getting the R.F.A. app on my phone. I talked with two other members, named Zen and Yoosung, for a couple minutes before logging off and going to sleep for the night. I did not get the chance to meet any of the other members since then. They were not on at the same times I was.

Jihyun told me that the party would be a casual theme and not to dress fancy. This morning, I picked out some black dress pants and a nice blue shirt. I walk toward my apartment door and drive to the venue of the party after putting my clothes on.

As I walk up the steps and into the large building, where the party is being held, I look around for Jihyun and the members.

"Can I help you?" a man in a server outfit asks me after he spots me looking around.

"I'm looking for the R.F.A.," I answer, and he points to a table on the other side of the room. I nod to the man, thanking him before walking off.

I am halfway to the table that seats the seven other members of the organization when Jihyun spots me and waves. Smiling back, I hasten my pace.

"It's good to see you again Y/n," Jihyun says when I get to the table, capturing the attention of his friend sitting just beside him.

"Hello, Y/n," Jumin says when he sees me. He looks the exact same as when I met him at Jihyun's party a couple years ago.

"Everyone, this is Y/n," Jihyun says motioning to me, as the other members look at me. I smile, remembering Zen and Yoosung from our conversations in the chatroom. "Y/n, this is Jaehee, Saeran, and Saeyoung. I believe you already spoke to Zen and Yoosung, correct?"

"Right. It's nice to meet everyone," I say, taking the only open seat between Jihyun and Saeyoung.

Each of the members greet me then continue their conversations from just before I arrived. I watch as Zen and Saeyoung make fun of Yoosung, just as they did in the chatroom, and Jaehee and Jumin discuss something about business.

"It's weird how they made you have a certain amount of people in order to attend," I say to Jihyun, as he was not speaking to anyone.

"What?" Jumin says abruptly, ending his conversation with Jaehee. She did not look too upset as Jumin focused on Jihyun and me. Jaehee gave me a short glance that said thank you but also screamed of tiredness.

"Jihyun said he made eight paintings, so the company would let him in for free if he brought eight people here," I reply. Jumin slowly nods at my answer, clearly questioning me. I look at Jihyun for him to back me up, as he told me this two days ago.

"That was not entirely true," Jihyun admits. I want to open my mouth to say something, but I do not, as I now have all of the other members looking at me and want to avoid furthering my slight embarrassment. I close my eyes for a brief moment in disbelief that Jihyun lied to me in order to get me to join the organization. "I felt that we needed a new face around here and remembered you, Y/n. After that, I wanted to see you again."

"So you guilt trip me?" I ask sarcastically. He mouths an inaudible "sorry" and smiles. I laugh and brush it off, after seeing a few of the members laughing to themselves.

An hour quickly goes by after I start talking to Saeyoung. We have a similar type of humor, so we both laughed for almost the whole hour over jokes and momentous stories of our lives.

"Oh, right! This is Saeran, my twin brother," Saeyoung says out of nowhere and motions to the man sitting next to him, as if their identical appearance was not enough for me to tell they are twins.

"Hi, Saeran," I say, smiling. He repeats a small "hello" back and goes back to eating his food.

For most of the time, it was obvious Saeran was listening to our conversation. He rolled his eyes whenever Saeyoung made a joke or said something funny. I never did notice if he did that when I said anything.

"I'll be right back," Saeyoung announces, walking toward the bathrooms.

Just after Saeyoung got up, a server comes to our table and places ice cream bowls in front of each of us. Saeran's eyes widened after seeing the ice cream and immediately began to eat it. I smiled at his clear love for ice cream.

A few minutes pass, and I notice that Saeyoung has not come back to his seat yet. I look at Saeran once again, and he is finished with his ice cream.

What should I do?
~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Voting Closed*
Choice ONE: Start a conversation with him; maybe he prefers me to be the one to start the conversation.
Choice TWO: Don't start a conversation; maybe he is not comfortable with a conversation or the environment right now.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's Note:
Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed it!
*Remember to put your votes in parentheses*