Chapter 3: Start Line

Start from the beginning

In fact, my nightlight bulb went out in the middle of the night, and like a six sense I couldn't sleep until the sun's rising made me know it was time to get the day started. I mess up my face knowing I have to remind my mom about getting more bulbs. 

The last thing I remember before I close was eyes was how nervous Izuku looked when he found out we were not going together to take the exam. I really don't wanna say I'm glad, but in a way, I wouldn't want to ruin what I have longed to have since I was 2. In fact, I'm not a complicated person as people think. If anything, Izuku has something that I will never know about having.

His words still haunt me, but also sting me at the same time...... 

'I think those who are the 'Specials' are lucky! They are born with a 'Quirk'! Can you imagine how lucky they are!'

My body was so close to losing control when on instinct my body woke me up as I seem to have 'kick' or punch in this case in my sleep. It wasn't until the same boy Shoto I was looking at early gently tap my shoulder. Asking me if I was okay? 

I massage my eyebrows waking myself up. Relaxing and remembering to get back under control.

"Yeah...Thank you. Sorry."

Shoto explains that they were getting me all set after he just finished up his part of the exam. I thank him again when I looked at his turquoise eye again. I don't know much about starting conversations but I spoke before I thought about WHAT I said.

"....I like your turquoise eye. It's pretty."

He paused looking back surprised, in fact, that is the first emotion he seems to felt in maybe years. I then feel more like an idiot as I explained to him. That I wasn't very good at starting a conversation with anyone. He just fixed his emotionless face back as he calmly said its fine. When he seems to have the same problem as I do, he doesn't know much about talking either. But I think I heard him mumble that his mom says the same thing to him. 

Watching him walk away, I giggled a bit to myself that I think he might be a shy person. In fact, watching him walk away I think of winter. Feeling like he has never felt spring before. Wondering when was the last time he felt spring? 

See what people seem to forget about the cold, serious type ones is that it doesn't mean that they are ALLWAYS cold. They just have been buried in the snow for so long they forget what the sun feels like.

 It wasn't until I overheard someone saying the rest of the groups were starting so that means Izuku was starting now. Seeing how worried and scared he was before we went separate, and he wasn't even on the bus yet. 

I gave him a piece of my own advice from what my mom told me. When she told me I wasn't like everybody else. Yet I think he thought I meant something else. But I told him hoping it would help him find the courage to use his newly All Might 'Quirk' and use it proudly. 

"Izuku, while you are in there I want you to keep this in mind okay? My mom told me this nearly every day.....'Heroes are made by the path THEY choose, not the powers they are graced with.' So go make YOUR own path, don't worry about the test win or lose don't let it stop you from moving forward."

Before leaving on the bus I remember messing with his already messy hair. I think he felt like a child. And I remember how quickly his face was blushing and he told me to not do that. I don't think Izuku realizes how cute he looks when he blushes like that. In fact, I always relax more when I'm around him. 

Facing towards the area where group B should be heading I pray that Izuku is okay. But mostly I pray and hope he will see what I see when I look at him.