eight

Jen creaked open the studio door to reveal Finneas and Billie working on something.

"I can leave if you need me to," Jen offered, not wanting to intrude. She kept her head high and her jaw clenched as she refused to look Billie in the eye. She wasn't mad at Billie for not liking her back, she was just frustrated at the scenario.

"No. Stay. Here, take a look at what we've been working on," Finneas hastily stood up from his chair, motioning for Jen to sit down. "The song on your live was insane by the way."

Jen pulled the headphones on, skipping the track back, pausing before she pressed play. "Thanks, I was thinking of recording it tomorrow if you're up for it?." She played the song, listening as Billie's vocals filled her ears. She nodded along as she listened through, making notes on a scrap piece of paper as she did so.

"For sure." Finneas answered promptly, hoping for some time alone with his best friend. Not only did he want to support her through the current scenario, but as Billie's older brother he felt the need to pick Jen's brain about her feelings for his younger sister.

They worked through some song revisions, altering some vocal lines and adding in an extra snare here and there. "Ella text me."

"Saying?" Finneas didn't look away from the Logic Pro screen in front of him, tapping away at the keyboard as he pitcher up one of the drums.

"She misses me." Billie listened in, pretending to scribble down lyrics for the current track they were working on. She knew how important Ella was to Jen, that was something that she just couldn't compete with.

"Bullshit," Finneas scoffed. "Don't text her back."

[LOCKDOWN LOVER]
TEXT MESSAGE

Jen ❤️ i miss you too

[LOCKDOWN LOVER]

liked by jenroscoe and 9,762,213 others

billieeilish why be a simp when you can simply ruin everything good in your life

view all 70,686 comments

jenroscoe hey, studio?
billieeilish ❤️

finneas you dont do that though :( don't say that

claudiasulewski i love you bil 🤍

eilishwski IS SHE OK???

billiesbub I'm worried about her

[LOCKDOWN LOVER]

Jen sat in the studio wondering if Billie was ever going to come downstairs and join her. Eventually she did, finding themselves in an awkward silence, both unsure just what to say.