I don't like fillers... but this is one... sort of

Start from the beginning

I felt my form shift, finally leaving all human features behind as I stretched my wings wide behind me and jumped off the edge of the volcano.

I plummeted down towards the treetops, gaining control just as I was skimming the tops. I managed to stabilize myself and continue my flight just above the highest trees, occasionally shredding a few leaves with my claws as I flew by.

“WAIT!” a voice screamed behind me, surprising me enough that I lost control of my wings and ended up free falling through the tree branches.

I landed on the ground, turned to face the direction the voice had come from and awaited the appearance of the owner. I was ready to act within seconds. Just as I was getting ready to rush onto the person, I saw Adrea land smoothly on the ground. I blinked and concentrated on letting my human form show as she was.

“You… how…?” I stuttered, staring at her with confusion. This was a trick of the mind. This couldn’t be her.

“I should have known you would be the end of me!” She grumbled, taking step after step closer to me. “Did you enjoy killing me at the very least?” she asked when she finally stopped a few feet in front of me.

The smile that spread on my face was not kind, “Oh yes, I did very much so. Did you enjoy killing your own brother, Quinn?” I returned the question to her.

Before she had the occasion to answer, the right side of her body was swallowed by bright, red, angry flames while the left hand side got the same treatment from ice-blue flames which looked like malleable ice. Her mouth was open in a wide ‘O’ from the desire to scream, but nothing came out.

All at once, the flames became brighter and larger, her scream finally came out as a high pitched screech and then she crumpled to the ground. I stared at her body, once again confused. I waited for her to wake up and rise again but my patience grew thin very fast and so with a sigh, I turned back into my demon form, picked her up like a potato sac without any carefulness and spread my wings to launch into the air and continue on my return to Cassadrial and Quinn.

As I flew, I could hear a sound similar to that of ice breaking or being chipped away, initially, I didn’t pay any attention to it until I noticed how Adrea was becoming heavier and heavier. I looked at her feet, dangling over my shoulder and frowned when I saw that they were frozen together in a thick layer of ice that was slowly inching along her legs. I frowned and concentrated on gaining flight speed, I did not want to risk being encased in the ice that was obviously very intent on covering her entire body.

The ice crackled menacingly and I pushed myself as much as I could. When the ice reached her hips, I took her off my shoulder and held her by an arm, dangling her below me.

-----

Her entire body was covered in ice and it was now creeping quickly over her arm. I let my grip slip from her forearm to her wrist. If I did not arrive soon, I would have to let her go. A momentary thought made me smile as I imagined her crashing to the forest floor; frozen as she was, she would most likely explode in thousands of broken chips of ice.

Sadly, that did not happen as moments before the ice wrapped itself around her fingers, I was able to release her in front of the cave which Cassadrial had mentioned earlier. I leaned against the rock and stared at the block of ice Adrea had become. Just like I thought, the ice tried to spread on the forest floor where she lay. “Why is she here?”

I jumped as Cassadrial’s voice resonated from within the cave but he was still hidden within the shadows inside. “I tossed her into the volcano and moments later she was chasing after me. Then she collapsed and started to freeze over. I didn’t know what to do so I brought her back.” I explained, moving into the mouth of the cave and letting my eyes adjust until I saw Cassadrial’s form further back in the shadows.

“I hate fighters.” he grumbled and proceeded to walk deeper into the cave.

I looked once over my shoulder at the lump of ice that was once Adrea before shrugging and following Cassadrial inside.

 -----

While Cassadrial was obliged to spend the entire day in the shadows of the cave, I was allowed to go roam the woods freely after I had a meal; a delicious blue-eyed blonde who had barely reached manhood. I couldn’t stay in the same cave as Quinn’s lifeless body. Even though I felt nothing human, I still had the memories and they managed to confuse me enough on their own.

Outside, Adrea was still in her ever-growing ice cube. During the meal, her ice had progressed to the entrance of the cave. I wondered for a moment if it would seal the entrance with Quinn and Cassadrial inside. Instead of lingering on the thought, I let my mind feel the change that I wanted and within moments, my arms had turned into boney-leathery-limbs which elongated as I started to flap them and managed to begin lifting into the air.

I was flying high above the clouds where no one would notice me when I felt a sudden pang of nostalgia mixed with actual, real pain. It distracted me long enough to lose some altitude and when I regained myself, I noticed that I was flying above the village we had lived in. Although I could easily recognize the village set up, nothing remained. The stage where they had attempted to end me had been left untouched after the flames had died. In fact, the entire village looked like it had been abandoned moments after the tragedie.

I flew over the village another time, this time paying attention to any movement I could spot before I considered it safe to land. My bare feet touched ground in front of the burnt and broken stage just as I took possession of my human appearance. The memory was still fresh in my mind and so were Quinn’s actions. I glared at the stage as I felt my anger start to boil inside, causing me to curl my hands into fists at my sides.

“HOW DARE YOU BETRAY ME LIKE THAT!!” I screamed at the stage, taking the few steps left between myself and the wood before I started kicking furiously. The pieces that weren’t useless, became useless. “YOU GAVE ME EVERYTHING! AND TOOK EVERYTHING! YOU HAD NO RIGHT TO CHOOSE MY FATE!!”

I climbed through the debris until I stood on the unsafe stage. “I’m here Quinn!” I screamed up at the sky. “Why don’t you come and bloody your hands with my blood now?”

I dropped down to my knees and stared at the burnt wood. My human memories told me that at this stage, I should have broken down and poured all the tears of my body on this stage. But I felt none of that grief or pain that could lead to tears. I felt only anger. Anger that refused to die down. Anger that wanted only one satisfaction. Anger that took over my body, turned me into Kasharga and within moments I was flying back in the direction of the cave.