"Alex, you're home" she slurred as she stood up from the couch trying to stand upright. I couldn't move. I stayed rooted to my spot unable to believe my eyes.

She was drinking. Again.

She promised.

"I'm disappointed in you mom" I choked out and watched tears stream out her eyes.

"Maybe you are right.You deserve a better mother. Maybe this is my way of moving on" she said as she tried not to stagger as she walked towards me.

"No! You are better than this mom! I told you all that in the morning and come back to meet you like this?? You promised mom. You promised." I yelled at her as tears escaped my eyes.

"I'm sorry. I don't even know how I ended up drinking. I was waiting for your arrival so we could talk about what happened this morning" she slurred but only one thing rang in my head.

She promised me.

She promised me the same way HE promised he wouldn't hurt me.

"You promised" I whispered before storming out of the house. I didn't even think about taking my car. I just needed to think. So I ran.

Away from my mom

Away from the nightmares.

Away from the torture.

Away from...HIM.

I continued running going where my legs took me as tears tricked down my face. I was breathing heavily and my legs were throbbing but I can't stop. I don't want to.

I stopped when my leg sank into the soft sand of the beach shore. The water sparkled from the moon that wasn't fully out yet. The stars were coming out of hiding which made the view breathtaking.

I bent over with my hands in my knees breathing heavily and tired from the running. I removed my shoes and sat on the sand staring at the waves as they moved back and forth. I could just walk into the sea and let it swallow me to end this. At least I would sleep forever with no nightmares, just me.

I wanted to remove my hoodie but if anyone came here and saw me. They would stay long enough to find out what happened, they would be too terrified to speak so I just left it on.

"And we meet again" Nicholas deep voice rang in my head as he sat at a safe distance from me.

"Lucky me" I said wiping my eyes so he wouldn't notice.

"What are you doing here by the way?" He asked as he glanced at me.

"To think" I shrugged.

"You were crying" he said as he looked forward watching as the waves overlapped each other.

"I wasn't" I lied.

"Damn it Alex! Just say the fucking truth" he yelled at me making me wince.

"I wasn't crying and even if I was it's none of your fucking business okay?" I yelled back at him. Realization flashed in his eyes before we went silent again.

"I'm sorry" I whispered. He had a blank expression on his face as he stared ahead.

"Things have just been...a little tensed lately" I continued but he didn't even look at me. He was just staring ahead. He stood up minutes later and started unbuttoning his shirt as memories flashed through my mind.

"Spread your legs wide you little slut" he yelled as he unbuttoned his shirt. My eyes were red and puffy from all the crying. Mom was out again and I know she leaves the house and comes home late so she could avoid my dad. I laid on the bed with blood coming from cuts on my laps and belly.