One ~ Beginning of it all

My eyes shot open at the sound of wolves. Instanly I moved around my tree to gather my things and shove my bags on my back. As a measure of caution, I held out my unfortunately fllimsy sword which I had taken from a pile of burnt bones - probably from a battle, long ago. My heart beat increasess dramically as I begin to run from the threatening howls. My long legs run themselves carrying me through the trees.

My breath quickens and becomes light as I panic, hearing the noise come closer behind me. I can hear the padded feet chasing me. I run, jump and try to duck around the trees.

Just as always happens, my cloak caught on a branch and sent me spawling and coughing, clawing at the brooch at my neck. After stuggling and whimpering and coughing, I finally free myself but in vain.

I stopped moving when the largest wolf I've ever seen stands low in front of me. Not two arms lengths away from me. Its fur is sleek and brown with patches of white and grey. It stood low, front paws poised, ready to pull it into a pounce. I begin to slow my breath and crouch into a defensive position with my legs in a warriors stance and my arms clutching various blades reaching out.

The beautiful beast snarls at me so I copy and bare my teeth at him. He sways unsteady as I move towads him, growling and snarling, copying him. I stay this way for what seems like forever when finally the oddest thing happens.

The giant wolf pulls its ears back and lays itself down on the ground at my feet with its muzzle under its huge paws. Its gorgeous blue eyes staring up at me. I was entranced. This beautiful beast was refraining from hunting me. He is huge, at least three times the size of any other wolves I've run from.

I stand up from defensive and lower my weapons, sheathing them. The scarf around my neck blows slightly in the wind as I take a cautious step towards him. My hand shakes as I slowly bend down to touch his head. He doesn't move but his eyes follow my hand as it gets closer to him. With jaws and teeth as big as his, I could lose my arm at any second. To my suprise, he just lays still and lets me get closer.

My hand makes contact with the wolfs fur and he closes his eyes. I press my hand on his head and his eyes shoot open only this time, they're purely white.

I gasp and my eyes widen. I look into its blank eyes for a while before it begins standing up, my hand still on his forehead. The forest is completely silent now as I stare with wonder and fear at the huge beast. Its eyes stop glowing white and turn back to blue but the instant they change back, my vision goes black and I fall to the ground.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

So this is a bit of a teaser. A prologue I guess. Anyway, the next chapter will be up soon since I hate to leave anyone with just a prologue and a cliffhanger ^w^

Please comment, vote, whatever. Check out my Being Human fic I just started or at my other Hobbit fic 'The Night Walker'

love you guys, Sonja xoxox