Chapter 46: Sacrifices and Goodbye

Start from the beginning

        "I have a deal for you, Scarlett."

        "Why would I make a deal with the devil?" I mocked. If I was going to die powerless, then at least I would die insulting him.

        "Listen Scarlett, or I'll have Abbadon kill your friend." He said. Abbadon nodded and watched Lucifier waiting for him to speak again. That shut me up. Michael unlike me, if he is killed he will die. He may or may not go to heaven due to the fact that he is a fallen angel because of me.

        "As I was saying, for centuries I have been trying to find some way to kill you and keep you dead. I haven't been able to find anything until one day I uncovered a spell. This spell was used centuries ago to control the previous Angel of Death."

        I was puzzled over this new information. Previous Angel of Death? No one had ever told me there was an Angel of Death before me.

        "It removes the Angel of Death from there line of duty. Making them human, and ignorant."

        "What makes you think, I'll ever let you do that to me?" I asked him.

        He smiled as if knowing all the answers, "You must do this for them. For Michael, for Obsidian, for your brother, for the rest of your friends. Here in hell, you are powerless against me. This is my home. You will do this or I will kill your friends, and throw you in a cell to rot in eternity. The problem with doing that is you may have a chance to escape. Make your choice, stay here with me, and watch your friends die. Or live your life as a human, I'll place you in the twenty-first century, you will have a chance of happiness."

        I was tired. So tired of fighting, of having all the answers, of making big decisions and regretting them later. Maybe Lucifier was right, ignorance is bliss. I could be human. Unknowing, ignorant, happy. I would deal only with human things, go to a human school, have human parents. Make friends. I could have it all.

        "What do I have to do, Devil?" I sighed. I had no other options. Powerless, I was stuck in a corner with no where to go. I was completely helpless.

        "All you have to do is drink this and give me your wings." He replied.

        My wings. I couldn't, I wouldn't. I had to, I thought sadly.

        My wings meant everything to me.

        They were there when I had my fell from heaven, when I lost my first soulmate, they have been the only thing not to leave me. Why me? The question that plagued my mind. This was my chance at normalcy. To save my friends. Did I really have a choice?

        "Fine." I choked out.

        I revealed my wings. The plucked a single black feather from my right wing and held it in my hand. It would serve as a reminder.

        "I need to make sure that you keep your end of the deal." I said sadly.

        He nodded. Michael appeared suddenly the poison leaving his veins.

        "Scarlett." He said breathless. I ran to him, happy and content that he was safe. We hugged,

         "You're okay," I breathed out relived, "I'm sorry, Michael this is all my fault. You should have stayed in heaven. You could have died." I choked out. 

        "It's okay, Scar. Everything will be alright." 

        "Michael I may never see you again." I could feel myself on the brink of tears. Michael, the guy willing to risk it all for me. I don't deserve him.