drei

Present

Dear Elle,

I had a quite worst week. I didn't get to start in the starting eleven yesterday. Mario did and he scored. I bet you'd watched and are so proud of him. Bastian is still nursing his ankle.

Okay, who the fuck cares about them?

Mario got his goal and even with a broken ankle, everyone is paying attention to Basti.

How about me?

How about me?

Tell me you care about me because I think I'm losing everything. I know you care and I love you for that. I really do.

But I need to hear it myself; with your soft melodious voice. Reassuring me daily every night and day. Please tell me you do because I don't think I can go on anymore.

Love, Lewy.

☁️

Past,

Elle and Lewy's second meeting (or what he called it as first date) happened abruptly.

It took him days after their first meeting to track her. He had Liesel; his manager to help him track Elle.

'Robert, all I had is the name Elle and she has a sister three blocks away from your house.' Liesel complained when he had gave her a visit at the office. 'I don't know anything else. Please Liesel, you need to help me. I need to see her.'

'You need to come out with something better than that.' Liesel gathered her papers and sat on the chair. 'Elle might even be a fake name.'

'Liesel, please.'

Robert's constant begging had annoyed that 40 years old lady to the point she just wanted to kick the boy out. 'Okay, okay, but you need to give me something good.' Liesel rolled her eyes, pulling a pen and a sticky note waiting for him to speak up.

He said nothing.

'Come on, Robbie boy, what car is she driving? What colour it is?'

'I remember it was black, I think it is a sedan 4 doors.' He shrugged, 'Is that helpful?'

She rolled her eyes, 'Very.'

And she kicked him out if the office, 'I'll notify you if I found anything now, scoot over!'

-

Robert was slightly offended (and mad) that Liesel wasn't taking him serious. So, he had to come out with plan B.

Find her sister's house.

The second his Audi reached the road which is oddly named for a street built in Dortmund (St Orleans is the name), Robert pressed the brake pedal forcefully.

What, do you think its going to be easy, Lewy , well it's not. Good luck finding her sister among this 10 houses.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, conscious.

Right now, Robert had to gamble.

The first house he picked was house number 4 from the right. Quick glance on the window to make sure he looked as presentable as possible, he pressed the door bell.

(He silently crossed his fingers behind his back)

The door opened and--

'Ja?' An old man (probably in his mid 50s) answered, wearing what it looks like a ridiculously ugly flower dress. His head scrambled to built up a sentence and he stuttered a badly sound that sounded like German.

'Uh ich suche ein Mädchen, das eine Schwester namens Elle hat, ja? (I'm looking for a girl who has a sister named Elle, yes?)'

Did he just pulled a Swedish accent at the end?

He mentally face-palmed himself. 'Ich weiß nicht, jede. (I don't know any)' The man said and ushered him out, 'Lassen, lassen. (Leave, leave)' and the door slammed close.

Well that's one house crossed out.

He picked the house number 4 from the left next to be ushered out by an old grumpy lady screaming lassen which he now understood as leave.

2 house down yet 8 more to go.

I can't knock on every door, he thought sitting on the divider of house number 3 from the left. Some paparazzi maybe be lurking somewhere taking shots of him. He can already imagine the headline of Bild tomorrow.

Drunk Lewandowski; did he knock on your door ?

Suddenly a quick flash of light blinded him and he startled. He looked up to see a black Opel Antara waiting to park right in front of him. The window rolled down and the girl he'd been waiting for looked out.

'Halo, hi sir, oh hey,' Her face lightened up and she smiled.

'Well, halo, hi, hey too,' He smiled and silently thanked god. I didn't have to knock on every door, yay.

Robert 1 - Conscious 0

Her loose hair blown gently by the win and she smiled, 'Lewy, um do you mind?'

He startled and flushed; nodding as he stood up to give the spot for her to park the car. 'What are you doing here?' She asked as she opened the door. She was wearing a lovely black raglan flare top and a straight leg black wash jeans. 'You look pretty,' He complimented and she smiled, 'You look good too yourself.'

'So what are you doing here?'

She asked, locking the door of her car after fetching her bag from the back seat. 'I had to see you,' He confessed and she stared at him in confusion. 'Is it about the car?' She shook her head, 'Fuck, it's okay. I'm okay and the car is fine, you don't have too.'

Watching her panicking tickled the footballer and he chuckled.

'No, no, I want to see you. I want to ask you out.' He muttered, picking on his nail and staring down on her espadrille flats. The corner of her lips curled and she laughed. 'How long did it take you to find me?'

'A few days,' He rubbed his neck nervously. 'Why didn't you call me?' She asked, scrunching her forehead.

'I would,' He looked up, mixed emotion etched on his face, '-if i have your number. I was thrown out by my agent and the by that old man and then that grumpy old lady screaming lassen and--'

She laughed, 'Poor Lewy boy, not used of being the normal people.'

He rolled his eyes, 'Very funny. You are lucky that I like you.'

She grinned, 'Really? Wow, I have Lewandowski up trailing my ass. I'm flattered.' She held out her hand and her lovely blue eyes bored down in his own, 'I'll tell you this. How about you join me for lunch and then I'll give you my number?'

He nodded, 'That's easy.' He grinned and his fingers laced up with hers. She pulled him along the pavement, 'Well, I tell you my family will give you a hard time.

'I can handle crazy.' He nodded.

'What ever you do, if they ask if you want ice cream with crushed nuts, please say no.'

'....why?'

She grinned, 'They'll crush your nuts.'

'Oh.' His grin was replaced with a pained expression. She laughed.

'Ready?'

'More than ever.'

And she pressed the door bell.