Chapter Twenty-Five

Start from the beginning

"Whoa, you guys are a little more friendly than I remember," Drew says with a laugh.

"And you guys aren't yelling at each other from across the room," Brendan looks at me with his eyebrows raised.

"I wanted my friend back," I explain shortly.

"I see," Brendan nods. "That's surprising, actually. Not many people really mean they'll be friends after a break up."

"I'm just too cool," Drew smirks.

"I guess so," I smile.

"Now about you two," Drew says, looking between Brendan and I. "Are you together."

Brendan says, "Yes," at the same time I say, "No."

Brendan looks over at me, eyes wide, looking shocked.

Drew lets out a low whistle. "Well this just got awkward."

"I don't believe I was ever officially asked," I shrug, looking away from Brendan.

Suddenly Brendan drops off the couch and onto his knee, taking my hand in both his. He looks into my eyes, saying, "Liliana Carols, will you, the most beautiful, kind, hilarious, smart, and wonderful girl I know, do me the honor of being my girlfriend?"

I smile at him, shaking my head. "Of course."

Then he stands up and puts his hand on my cheek before kissing me. My hands wrap around his neck and I almost forget Drew's here until he coughs.

I separate myself from Brendan and he takes his place back on the couch beside me, looking like he feels accomplished.

"I feel like I just witnessed the beginning of something magnificent," Drew says, wiping fake tears from his eyes.

"Wow, big words you're using there, Drew," Brendan laughs. "Don't hurt yourself."

"Ha. Ha," Drew rolls his eyes. "So funny."

"Um," I say awkwardly, holding my hands together on my lap. "Sorry for stopping in so unexpectedly. I can go now." I stand up, grabbing my phone off the couch.

"No, stay," Drew says. "Really Lili? We're friends again. You really think you can just leave?"

"I don't want to interrupt your bro time sesh," I say, shrugging my shoulder.

"Sit down," Drew says. "We need to talk about this immediately."

I draw my eyebrows together in confusion, but sit myself back onto the couch. Drew sits on the chair across from me and clasps his hands together underneath his chin.

"Lili, Lili, Lili," he sighs. "First of all, you cannot say 'bro time sesh' in public. It sounds pretty bad, and I'll have you know I'm straight as a pole and have a girlfriend."

Brendan starts cracking up beside me, leaning over, a hand on his forehead.

"Second of all," Drew says, ignoring Brendan. "You should stay and hang out. Unless, of course, you've got some cooler people to hang out with."

"I think you and I both know that without you guys I'm a loner," I say, eyebrows raised.

"Hey," Brendan says, "Even if you don't have anyone cooler to hang out with, since I mean we set pretty high standards, you aren't a loner."

"Thanks," I let out a dry laugh. "But, I pretty much am. Anyways, what were you guys planning on doing?"

"Sorry to inform you," Drew says, "but we aren't like girls. We don't have every single thing planned out. We don't know what we're going to do..."