Chapter 13

~Aaron’s POV~

I was beginning to get worried. Things were taking an awful long time and no one would tell me what was going on. I was both angry and frustrated. I picked up my phone and called the first person that came to mind. “Hello?” I heard the tired voice of Michael. “Michael.” I say. “Aaron! Where have you been? Are you okay??” he says quickly. “I’m fine and I can’t tell you where I’ve been.” I say just as quickly. “Please don’t tell anyone I called you.” I add just as quickly. “I won’t I swear dude I haven’t seen you in months! It’s been hell trying to find a guitarist to replace you.” He says sadly. “I’m sorry man but you know I had to leave I had to do what I did.” I say just as sadly. “I know bro so why the phone call all of a sudden?” Michael says curious. “Well Amber’s pregnant.” I say slowly. “Wait what?!” Michael says surprised. “Yea that was my reaction too at first, but anyways she woke up with some serious stomach pains this morning and I have no idea what’s going on. No one will tell me! She’s 8 and a half months now and I’m so scared there is something wrong with my little boy!” I say on the verge of tears. “Oh wow, have you gone to a nurse and demanded some fucking answers!” Michael says sounding pissed. “I didn’t even think to do that to be honest I’ve been so damn worried.” I say laughing a little. “Dude you need to bring your ass home like asap no joke.” Michael says changing the subject. “I can’t man not until we get married then I know Ronnie can’t steal her back.” I say getting angry at the thought. “Aaron he has given up on the thought of her ever coming back.” Michael says seriously. “Really? He gave up that easily?” I say surprised. “Well no not that easily but come on if someone stole your woman and you haven’t seen or heard from her in over 8 months you would give up too.” He says. “Yea I guess you’re right, oh wait a doctor is coming in now. I’ll try to call you back later, remember this conversation never happened.” I say before I hang up. “You got it.” Michael says hanging up. “Mr. Graves.” The doctor says sounding serious. “Yes?” I ask scared. “Why don’t you take a seat?” He says pulling up a chair. “Is he okay?”I ask scared of the answer. “Well…” he begins. That was my breaking point I knew right then something bad had happened. “Oh god we lost him didn’t we?” I ask as a tear falls down my cheek. “Actually no you have a very healthy baby boy Mr. Graves.” The doctor says. “Wait what? He made it?!” I say smiling. That was my little trouper. “We had to do an emergency C section on your fiancé; there were a few complications though.” He says. “Like what?” I say getting seriously worried. “To be honest were not really sure at this point but there is a possibility that Amber may not ever conceive again.” He says. My heart literally broke; there was a possibility that we may never have a family a true family together. “Can I see them?” I ask afraid of the answer. “Of course.” He says leading the way into a little blue room. I immediately notice the little baby bed off to the side. I slowly make my way over. I lean over the side and see the most beautiful baby ever. This was my son. I silently look at him and I can’t help but notice there were no similarities between me and him. “Shit.” I quietly murmur and glance at a sleeping Amber. What if she notices that Damian looks nothing like me? Would she remember Ronnie? I slowly pick up Damien and make my way over to Amber. “Sweetheart?” I say quietly. No need to jolt her awake after everything she’s been through. “Mmm.” She moans before her eyes open. As soon as they do they grow wide. “Is that him?” she says looking at me with big eyes. “Sure is, this is our beautiful baby boy, you’re so strong baby.” I say kissing her forehead. “Can I hold him?” she asks scared. “Of course you can, he is yours.” I say laughing a little. “He is isn’t he?” she says smiling as I hand her the baby. I decide I should call Michael back. “I’ll be right back sweetheart.” I say heading towards the door. “Okay.” She says looking up and smiling at me as I walk out. She really was beautiful even at that moment.

~Amber’s POV~

I can’t believe he’s here! My darling little angel was finally here in my arms. God he was beautiful. As I sat there staring at my babies face I couldn’t help but notice that he looked nothing like Aaron. Why would he not look like his dad at all? Whoever he looked like looked oddly familiar. Maybe it was the person that I couldn’t remember. Why couldn’t I think of who it was? Oh well I would figure it out sooner or later. For now I had this beautiful baby to worry about. I needed to find out when the hell I could go home! Not long after all this was going on in my mind Aaron and the doctor walk in. “Amber I have a few things we need to cover.” The doctor says pulling up a chair. I hand Aaron the baby and look intently at the doctor. “Okay?” I say curious and scared at the same time. “Well do you want the good or bad news first?” he says. “Bad, it’s always better to start with the bad.” I say. “Alright well during your C section we came across a few complications.” He starts. “Like what?” I say afraid of the answer. “Well due to the state of the birth there is a chance you may never be able to conceive again.” He says. What? No! I slowly begin to cry. “Baby its okay, it’s just a chance there’s still the possibility we can have another baby.” Aaron says trying to console me. “Yea and there’s a chance we won’t” I say really crying now. “What’s the good news?” I say through tears. “The good news is that you and Damian can actually go home today if you want.” The doctor says. “Really?” I say smiling; I was so ready to be out of here. I hated hospitals with a passion. “Absolutely, there is no medical reason for us to keep you here.” He says. “Aaron you better pack my damn bags I am so not staying here any longer than I have too!” I say sitting up. “I’ll go get the paperwork started.” The doctor says closing the door. “I’m so scared Aaron.” I say as I start to get dressed. “Of what sweetheart?” he says. “Of everything, what if I’m not a good mom?” I say. “Baby you are the sweetest most caring person I have ever met you will be the best mother there is.” He says smiling at me. “You really think so?” I say smiling back. “Of course I do. Now let’s get our little family home.” He says packing the rest of the baby things. On the way home all I could do was stare into the beautiful brown eyes of my little angel, his eyes were the only thing that he shared with Aaron but they weren’t the same brown at all. It saddened me a little that he didn’t end up with my blue eyes but that was still okay he was beautiful either way. Once we reached the house I immediately became all safety mode I refused to put him down for one second. “Amber you’re going to have to put him down sometime.” Aaron says laughing at me. “Uh hell no.” I say laughing too. “Be reasonable we both know you need some sleep.” He says glaring at me. “Ugh fine.” I say handing Damian over to Aaron. “I’ll sleep for now but when I wake up he’s mine again.” I say laughing as I head towards the bedroom.

~Michael’s POV~

Aaron called about 20 minutes later. “Did you find out anything?” I asked curious. “I did.” He replied. “And?” I say equally curious. “Well she had the baby he’s extremely healthy but there was a complication during the C section and she may not ever be able to have kids again.” He says sadly. “Oh wow.” Was all I could think of to say back? “Yea….” He says. “But congrats on the baby.” I say trying to lighten the mood. “I’m not so sure if a congrats is needed.” He says sad still. “Why not?” I ask. “Well because it’s not mine.” He says. “Wait what? How is it not yours?” I ask. “It’s Ronnie’s.” Aaron says. “Oh shit.” I say surprised at that answer. “Yea I’m hoping she won’t notice cause she no longer remembers who Ronnie is. If this baby reminds her I don’t know what I will do.” Aaron says. “Wow you know she will figure it out sometime right? That’s how she is.” I say. “I know but I’m hoping she won’t.” Aaron says. “I know man.” I say. “Well I need to get back to her and the baby I believe they get to come home today.” Aaron says. “Alright man don’t be a stranger.” I say before I hang up. I wasn’t sure what to do now. Should I call Cyndy and tell her everything even though Aaron said not to. I decide I will I can’t keep anything from that girl. I quickly dial her number and wait patiently as it rings.

~Cyndy’s POV~

I hear my phone ring and quickly answer. “Hello sweetheart.” I hear from the voice of an angel. “Hello baby why the early call?” I ask concerned. “Well you’ll never believe who called me this morning.” He says. “Who?” I say curiously. “Aaron.” Michael says. “That bastard!! What the hell did he have to say? Where is Amber? Michael you tell me this instant!” I demand. “Well I’m still not sure where she is to be honest. But he called because she had a baby.” He says. “WHAT!!!” I scream. “Baby calm down here’s the twist, it’s not Aarons.” Michael says. “Who’s is it then?” I ask already knowing the answer. “I think you know sweetheart, its Ronnie’s.” he says. “Oh my god Michael I have to tell him!” I say. “You can’t!” Michael says. “Why not because I wasn’t even supposed to tell you” he says. “Dammit Michael, I can’t hold this shit in.” I all but scream at him. “Just don’t tell Ronnie okay I’ll try to weasel out of Aaron where he is and we can just go get her.” Michael says. “Okay but please try really hard before Ronnie moves on he needs this girl we all do Michael I miss her like crazy please find her.” I say crying. “I will I promise.” He says as we hang up. All I could do after that was lay there and cry I didn’t know what else to do.