magnifique | twenty

Start from the beginning

the man turned to millie, "is there something that you want here, young lady?"

"um, yes, i would like..." millie was gonna gestured to something that caught her eyes as marilla interrupted them.

"you! get away from them!" marilla shouted in far.

"what..."

"how dare you trespass!" marilla yelled as she ran into them.

"marilla, it's alright!" millie assured her as she reached to her.

"madam, i..." the man was gonna say something but marilla cuts him off.

"off my land!" marilla shouts as the man quickly packed his things.

"he's a peddler," anne said.

"he's kind," millie added.

"anne! millie!"

"it's fine. i go. i go." the man said as he quickly walked away.

"marilla, i'm sorry... can i please go out. i won't be too far, please?" millie pleaded.

marilla looked at her before nodding, "of course, just don't get too far and too long."

millie quickly hugged and kiss marilla's cheek, "thank you, marilla!" she said as she runs to follow the man.

she heard marilla scolded anne as they walked inside the house.

"sir! sir! wait up! sir!" millie yelled as the man looked at him and stops.

she reached to him, catching her breath, "young lady? didn't your mother didn't you want you near me?" the man asked.

"er, um, i'm... just... g-gonna... buy something..." millie said between her breaths.

the man nodded his head as he bent down to open the leather that he showed to them earlier, "what is it do you want?"

millie points to the small two bracelets made of cloth.

"you want this?" the man said as he holds the bracelets

"you want this?" the man said as he holds the bracelets. millie nodded her head.

"my daughters called this a friendship bracelet. they daughters wear this every day, well, until they offered it to sell," the man said.

"oh, um, how much for it?" millie asked as the man shook his head, "no, it's free."

this time, millie was the one shook her head, "no. you're saving money for your family, yes? well, take it, sir." millie said as she handed him some coins.

"but... this is too much," the man said as he handed some of the money to millie.

millie shook his head, "no, the others are for the heart pendant. you gave it to my sister."

the man let out a sigh and nods as he bring out a small earring to her hands.

"this belongs to my wife... i want you to have it. well, i know it is single but, i hope you can find of ways to use it, " the man said as he walked away.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

"millie, that is such a magnificent bracelet!" anne exclaimed as she soon millie showed her the friendship bracelets.

"i know, it is very beautiful, i hope she likes it," millie said.

"i'm awfully certain she would like it, would love it, in fact. kindred spirits doesn't supposed to be picky as long as it reminded it of their friendship," anne reassured her sister.

"thank you, anne. i'm certain too that diana will like that pendant," millie reassured her too.

"thank you, sister."

"you're welcome, sister."