I nodded, indicating for him to continue.

"Borgatti requested a meeting with me this morning. He offered me 10% of the shares he had in one of his companies for 30 million."

I scoffed. That bastard never knew how to make a reasonable deal. Always digging deep and coming out dry. Mr Borgatti had been constantly bugging Dante and I with multiple insane deals. I think he just liked toying with us for entertainment. What a peculiar man. Although, he was a good businessman from what I've gathered, making smart deals with very important individuals, but enjoyed playing meaningless games with his shareholders and competitors. Something I was not interested in at all.

"That fucking idiot. It's not even worth half of what he's asking for. I hope you turned it down." I replied with a pointed look.

"Of course fratello. I'm not an idiot," He said grinning. (brother)

I raised my eyebrows knowing that he's made some stupid impulsive buys before.

"Anyways, I'm sure his coming to you ne-," just as he said that, the phone rang.

"Mr De Luca, Sir, I have Mr Borgatti for you on line 2. " Russo informs.

"Whatever he's offering, shut him down."

"Yes sir"

As I turned back to Dante, he had already laid himself cosily on the couch in my office, taking a nap. Walking up to his resting figure I flicked his forehead, smacking him in the process.

"Don't you have a company to run. Get out of my office." I said pointing at the door.

"Ouch. You can't kick me outt...I've missed you Alessa," he whined coming forward to hug me.

"Don't call me that." I dodged his hug.

"I know you love me Alessa. Don't forget about dinner at madre's house tonight." He reminded as he walked out of my office.

"Fanculo," I hissed. I had totally forgotten about that. (Fuck)

After all the distractions had been cleared, the day was extremely busy with meetings after meetings, paper work and phone calls. Once I had signed and approved the last report on my desk, I loosened my tie before removing it completely. I removed my suit jacket, unbuttoned the first two buttons of my dress shirt and rolled up my cuffs. I looked at the time, 6pm.

"Merda!" I rushed out the door, slamming it in the process, rushing to the car. (shit)

"Russo, get Benjamin to bring the car around." I managed to get out before getting into my private elevator.

"Yes sir. Goodnight Mr De Luca." He answered swiftly.

I nodded in response, keeping my expression neutral. Most of my employees were used to the cold, hard demeanour I had. It isn't personal, it's just business and it gave me many reputations.  Ruthless, heartless, monster, inhumane. But I didn't care, in fact I relished in knowing I had such effects on people. However, as long as they completed their work efficiently and don't fuck up, I couldn't give two shits about them.

I quickly left the building knowing that Benjamin would be there waiting. He's been working for me since the very beginning and has never let me down. He is a good man; around 60 years old and has a slivery neat haircut. He has a sick wife and 2 teenage children. Despite what others may say about me, I do care for those who are loyal to me.

Just as expected, Benjamin was there, holding the car door open. I slid in swiftly, avoiding the paparazzi that were always waiting outside.

"Good evening Mr De Luca," he greeted politely.