𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑿

Start from the beginning

"You're literally the sweetest boyfriend ever."

She hugs me tightly and rests her head against my chest again, her hair rubs against my chin making it tingle from the tickling sensation.

"I'll call you later, ok my love?"

I nod and peck her lips as she walks out the door, slumping my body against it once it closes and allow my thoughts to run a million miles an hour, that is, until my dad speaks out of nowhere.

"How is that going?" He laughs slightly knowing that I hate the situation.

"Papa, I don't wanna be in this toxic relationship anymore."

I sit beside him and feel his hand pat my back.

"You'll get through this son, you just have to be honest with yourself and with Sheena."

"How do I do that?"

"Well ask yourself this, is she really worth all the friends lost, bonds broken, hearts shattered? Once you figure out your answer, you'll know what to do."

"But papa, here's the thing, I know she's not worth all that, but it's not like if I just decide to break up with her, I can have the person who's actually worth it."

"Patience Mattia, you'll know when the time is right."

"I thought I knew last time."

"Obviously you were mistaken, Sheena non è quella e tu lo sapevi•

•Sheena non è quella e tu lo sapevi - Sheena is not the one•

but you still chose to be with her. You have nobody to blame but yourself, the sooner you accept that, the better off you are. Skylar vale l'attesa•, trust me."

•Skylar vale l'attesa - Skylar is worth the wait•

I sigh, I hope he's right, his dad knowledge is something I rely on heavily when it comes to my issues with girls.

Mans was a bit of a player in his day, or so he claims, saying he only messed around with girls in high school but gave up the 'douchey f-boy' phase once he met my mom, I never really understood what that actually meant until I met Sheena.

I honestly thought she was the person, my soulmate, my rock, my lobster (iykyk), but she was actually the factor that brought me down and pulled me towards her and away from what genuinely made me happy, my friends, my family, Skylar especially.

I don't know how, but she always suspected that me and Sky had these feelings for each other, which we did but never expressed to one another, and that's why she was constantly so rude and up my ass about Sky.

She told me she hated her, she hated how much attention she was getting from me, how she looked, walked, talked, acted, dressed, how everyone liked her and enjoyed her presence.

She explained how Sky was so gullible and small minded and to dumb to see how in love with her I was, and she swore that she'd never let go of that grudge against Skylar for as long as she lived.