I narrowed my eyes, then cleared my throat, sitting on the edge of my seat.

"I'm going to use the bathroom." I told Vladimir, who just nodded once as I got up and slipped out of the booth and into the hallway. I moved quickly down the stairs and made it to the final step just as Vincent was leaving the staircase, heading for one of the rooms in the main foyer. I glanced around, then waited until Vincent had shut the door behind him before I followed him.

I stopped near the door, tilting my head against it to listen as I heard someone clear their throat.

"You've done well so far, Mr. Salvadore. My master will be fucking esctatic." I recognized that voice instantly, making my eyes widen.

Claude.

"Yes, well," Vincent hesitated, sounding weary, "You threatened me."

"I did not. I just warned you. You made a pact with Newell. It's only fair that you uphold it. Otherwise, he'll be taking his payment by killing your little brat." Claude went on to say, followed by the flipping of papers and footsteps moving around.

"Cut to the chase," Vincent ordered, exasperated, "Will you please leave the Morettis alone now? I got you what you wanted. What else do you want from me?"

"Jeez, don't be so whiny," Claude chided, the hint of a smile in his voice, "Your little brat is safe, and so is his family. You can enjoy the rest of eternity knowing that you've pleased Newell."

"Then why am I still here?" Vincent demanded, making Claude laugh. I frowned, pressing my ear against the door closely to listen when I heard a door open and shut behind me, making me whirl around to see Kristophe walking into the foyer, tucking a pair of keys into his pocket. He wore a sleek black suit with the first couple buttons on his white shirt undone and his tie worn very losely.

I snapped my head back to the room before quickly hurrying to catch up with Kristophe, having to call his name so he'd stop to notice me.

"What're you doing out here? I thought the show already began." Kristophe commented, looking mildly surprised to find me out here. In fact, if I didn't know any better, I'd say he was relieved that he didn't have to go inside yet.

"I have to tell Vladimir something." I stated, making Kristophe frown at the urgency in my voice.

"All right." He agreed and I led the way up the stairs. We'd only gotten halfway up the stairs when we heard screams from inside the main hall. Kristophe and I shared quick looks and rushed up the stairs just as Vladimir, Storm, and Mark were coming out of the room, looking disgruntled.

"What's going on?" I demanded.

"Someone knocked out the lights!" Mark exclaimed, making me frown. Storm glanced at his father, who was loosening his tie a little.

"Do you think it has to do with Sen?" He asked. Vladimir paused to think about that and I glared at him.

"How come you told Storm about him and not me?" I demanded, folding my arms over my chest, making Vladimir smile.

"Because Storm has met Sen before." He answered, making me throw my hands up in exasperation. My way of saying what the hell. I met Sen too! I was about to say that when Vladimir cut me off and went on in explanation.

"Unfortunately, we'll have to cut the show shortly because the opera singer is probably dead and it seems Sen wants me to come out and play. Kristophe, take the others to the car and take them back to the hotel, but take the back ways. From the sounds of it, Sen is with the rebellion and he's brought some friends. Move quickly, but quietly." Vladimir explained.