My eyes flickered as I spotted the Moretti family in the booth across from ours on the other side of the room. Their booth was just slightly larger as they had a larger family to place inside. I saw Luca's father take his seat closest the stage, his dark hair slicked back and his dark eyes hidden behind a pair of black glasses. Beside him was who I guessed as his newest wife, her blonde hair in thick curls over one shoulder, the rest pulled up into some fancy hairstyle to match her flashy gown. Luca and Vincent came in next; Luca taking his seat while Vincent stood behind him, stern and calm, as any perfect butler would be. After came in Luca's younger brother and sister, both looking uncomfortable in their formal attire.

"You seem interested in the Morettis." Vladimir commented, still not taking his eyes off the violinist as the tune rose in tension.

"I just have a bad feeling in my stomach." I told him, frowning as I watched the Morettis calmly prepare for a two hour long opera show. I saw Vladimir smirk out the corner of my eye, making me look at him with a curious frown. If I didn't know any better, I'd say he knew what was going on in my head.

"What?" I asked. Vladimir shook his head, settling back in his seat, holding a finger to his lip as the lights dimmed on our side. I stayed silent now as the violinist rose, taking her bow before departing from the stage. The curtains behind her swung open and a woman in a gorgeous blue silk dress came forward, her heels clicking on the hardwood floor. The orchestra began to play a slow, soothing melody.

I glanced up toward the Morettis to see Vincent leaning down to whisper something into Luca's ear, in turn making Luca cock his head. I nibbled my lower lip, careful not to cut into the skin with my fang.

I needed to get to Luca before the end of the show and ask him what was happening. I'd never approach his father because it was bad enough that I had Luca invading my dreams, I didn't want his father of all people in my head either. He was especially known for being cruel and twisted. I had to ask Luca straight up, and the only chance I'd get would be intermission in an hour.

I felt restless at that. I didn't want to sit here quietly for an hour when all of this was going on. Not to mention, Vladimir didn't seem to have much to say about the fact that Kristophe was talking to that Sen guy. He also didn't have anything to say when I told him about what Sen really looked like...

"Stop frowning," Vladimir whispered, making me jump a bit out of my thoughts, "It doesn't suit you." I looked at him, blinking as the woman on the stage began to sing, her voice strong and smooth.

"I'm thinking," I told him, making him nod before looking back at the stage, "Where's Kristophe?"

"He's probably still parking the car." Vladimir answered, taking out his cell phone to look down at the bright screen. He hit a few buttons before it shut off and he tucked it away. I cocked my head, then looked back toward the stage.

"You didn't say anything when I told you about Sen. In fact, you hardly looked surprised." I spoke at last, listening to the way the woman's voice seemed to fill the entire room. Vladimir smiled lightly, watching the stage.

"Nothing surprises me anymore." He responded, making me frown and look at him.

"What about when Newell kidnapped Slade and I?" I asked, watching Vladimir smile even more as he pinched his chin between his thumb and forefinger.

"You're baiting me with that question."

"Depends on how you see it."

"If I say I was surprised, you'd prove me wrong. If I said I wasn't, you'd be offended that I let Newell run off with you two so easily." Vladimir informed me, sitting back in his seat, resting his arms on the armrests. I raised an eyebrow, looking away again. I peered into the Morettis booth to see Luca murmuring something, his eyes staring straight ahead into nothing as Vincent leaned in to listen to him before nodding. He turned and left the booth in silence.