Come pick me up

Endeavor snapped awake as the phone buzzed on his dresser, groaning as he reached to grab it. Squinting at the white light he focused on what the hell was going on... Hawks was calling him? He slammed the phone back down angrily, why the hell would Hawks even expect him to answer if he called at midnight?! 

But the phone buzzed restlessly next to him, and at last Endeavor sighed, picking it back up and answering it with a growl.

"Hawks? What the hell is it?" he snapped. 

"Endeavor-san!" he heard Hawks gasp over the line, and Endeavor frowned. 

"Why are you surprised? You're the one who called me!"

"Yeah but I didn't think you would actually..." he heard a scuffling over the line along with Hawk's breath hitching. "I need you to come pick me up. Please." 

Endeavor raised his brows. With them teaming up again Hawks would be in the area, but...

"Did something happen?" he heard Hawks's chuckle crackle over the line. 

"Nah, I'm just too drunk to fly..." Endeavor could believe that, sure, but there was something about Hawks's voice, slightly out of breath and slurred, the way he spoke fast and sharply that was just slightly out of character. He rubbed his face and stood up from the bed, pulling on some trousers in the dark. "I'll send you my location, alright Endeavor-san?" he heard Hawks give a small gasp and there was a muffled thud over the line. "I have to go, thanks in advance Endeavor-san!"

"Wait-" Hawks had already hung up, and Endeavor growled with annoyance at his rudeness. He considered calling him back as he pulled on a shirt and a sweater, but his phone buzzed again and the location popped up. He frowned, it was some bar in a rough part of town, almost forty minutes away. Typical. Endeavor kicked on his shoes and unlocked his car, putting the postcode into the navigation. 

He'd be there in twenty-five minutes if he tried. 

_________________

Hawks stumbled out of the club, his wings dragging limply behind him. He felt sick and dizzy, and his vision swayed as he walked, desperate to get away. He had called Endeavor but-

"Now now, where are you going, darling? We even bought you such a nice drink~"

Hawks's heart beat hard in his chest as the woman wrapped her manicured fingers around his neck, taking him by the arm and leading him into the alley beside the club. He brought his hands up to weakly claw at her, and his feathers rose shakily. But the man, he had been with her, laughed, brushing a hand down the back of his wing.

"Oh, I wouldn't try that, little bird," he said. "You know it won't work anyway."

"Let me go-" Hawks gasped, and the woman giggled, pushing him against the wall of the dark alley. 

"Let's shut that mouth, shall we?"

_________________

Endeavor sighed. Hawks would be fine, he told himself, he always was. He was just drunk and needed a lift. And yet it didn't feel like that was the issue. He remembered how Hawks's voice was unsteady and his panicked gasp, but he tried to shove it from his mind. Why hadn't he called back yet? he usually loved to endlessly talk. Endeavor shook his head. 

"Stop worrying," he muttered, but shifted up a gear down the nearly empty roads. He grabbed his phone anyway, glancing down to thumb through his contacts to find Hawks's, and called him.

________________

Hawks's eyes widened as his phone buzzed in his pocket, and tried to shout as the woman fished it out, frowning as she looked at the screen.