Chapter 14

"Is he going to make it?" Thomas voice trembled as he spoke. He had prepared himself for the worse. He had prepared himself for knowing that Newt would die.

"Well, Mr Newton got some serious injuries and lost a lot of blood," the nurse said sadly. "But he is stable and going to make it," she smiled. Thomas didn't belive her at first. He just stared right at her. He didn't blink, didn't move. He just stared at the woman. Neither Lara or Teresa said anything as well. All of them were shocked. "What...?" Thomas finally whispered.

"He is going to make it," the nurse said again, looking unsure. She has clearly been prepared for another answer. "He lost a lot of blood but that was easy to fix. His already broken bone has broken down again. Two of his ribs are broken and he has a bad concussion but those all will heal with time!" She smiled again. "Except for the leg though..."

"Oh my God..." Lara whispered and stood up from the chair. She had tears in her eyes. "Can we see him?"

The nurse nodded. "Of course. He is awake but on a lot of drugs so don't be worried if he doesn't speak or say anytging incomprehensible. Follow me,"

***

When the three family members stepped into the small hospital room all of them fell silent. Newt was lying on the bed, a bandage was wrapped adound his head, his wrist and his leg. Bruises covered the parts of his body that wasn't covered by the gauze and he had a split lip. His left eye were so bruised that it wasn't even opened.

"Oh Newt!" Lara suddenly exclaimed and ran towards the fragile boy,  cupping his cheeks in her hands. Tears immediately started to stream down her face. "I am so sorry. How could I let this happen to you?" Newt moved his head slightly to the right to look at the crying woman.

Thomas just stared at the scene. This was his fault. He had caused Newt this pain. Newt had to hate him. He tuined the boy's life once again. He couldn't face the boy now, pretend that nothing was wrong. He took a deep shuddering breath and walked out from the door. He couldn't stand to watch Newt lie in there.

"Thomas?" Teresa called out after him. He heard her follow him and sudden a hand grabbed his shoulder.
'Thomas?" Teresa whispered softly. "What's wrong?"

Thomas turned around to face her. He didn't remember when he had started crying. "I can't see him like that," he whispered. "I can't see all the things that I caused! This is my fault!" He raised his voice and Teresa quickly shushed him.

'No Tom you didn't do anything wrong!" She said. "You cant blame yourself for something that you had nothing to do with! This wasn't your fault!"

"But it was!" Thomas said. "I left him alone..." he whispered the last part.

"Tom..." Teresa started. "It's not your fault," she stared into his eyes and grabbed his shoulders.

"Thomas!" Lara suddenly called after them. The two teenagers turned around to look at her. "He's asking for you sweetheart," she continued and smiled sadly. Thomas swallowed hard but entered the small room once again. Lara nodded at him before walking out and closing the door behind her.

"Hi T-tommy," Thomas jumped when Newts quiet voice echoed through the room.  Thomas looked at the blond boy. He was reatching a hand out towards Thomas, waiting for him to grab it. Thomas quickly walked to the bed and grabbed the pale hand. Newt looked utterly and completely exhausted. His chest heaved up and down in uneven gasps.

"Newt..." Thomas whispered. He hated the loud beeping of the heart monitor.  "I am so sorry..."

Newt frowned slightly. "For...for what?"

" This..." Thomas said and his voice cracked. "All of this is my fault,"

Newt shook his head as much as he could. "No!" He whispered. "Tommy, nothing of this is your fault. Nothing you did is wrong!" He smiled slightly and tried to squeeze Thomas's hands harder but he was to weak to barely even press down.

"But Ne-"

"Thomas I don't blame you. This is not your fault, okay?" Newt stared into Thomas's eyes.

"Okay..." Thomas whispered. He continued to stare at Newt. The boy still looked beautiful like this. He still looked more handsome than any other people Thomas had ever met.

"What is it?" Newt whispered and frowned. The heart monitor slowly increased the beats.

"Newt..." Thomas whispered. "You look so beautiful..."

"What?"

"Newt..." Thomas didn't know what to say. "I like you," The heartbeats increased even more. "More than brothers...more than friends," Newt raised his eyebrows and those innocent eyes sparkled with something Thomas couldn't put his finger on.

"Tommy?" The blonde boy whispered. "You...you like me?"

Thomas nodded. "Yes, yes I do," he whispered. "I really like you Newt," he looked down at the floor but Newt slowly raised his other hand, the one that wasn't holding onto Thomas's, and grabbed his cheek. He forced Thomas to keep on looking at him.

"I like you too," Newt mumbled, his breaths becoming more shallow. "More like friends..." he added.

Thomas didn't know what to say. Newt liked him? In the same friends Thomas did?

"You like me too?" He whispered. Newt nodded slowly. He had no idea of what to do. "So...what do we-?"

Thomas was interrupted by Newt launching forward, pressing their lips together. Thomas didn't even freeze, he didn't push the biy away. He kissed Newt back. The kiss was soft but filled with passion. Thomas swore that he could see stars and he loved every single moment.

But suddenly he felt Newts body go limp in his arms.

Then the heart monitor stopped beaping.

A/N
Should I keep him alive or not? Comment what you want to happen next.