* @bloodblunder

life was routine for kaito hayashi

life was routine for kaito hayashi. there were no surprises. and he would be lying if he said it was a bad one. as in most cases, life is great for the rich. rich in money, friends, trust, loyalty- he didn't lack a single thing in his days.

it still wasn't enough. such is the curse of greed.
the most unfortunate is the one who has it all.

well, he HAD everything until now when he could not for the life of him find a ride home. he refused to ride the train like a common peasant and so, sat on the curb like homeless earth kingdom citizen. granted, he still had a suit on with his hair combed back neatly and the typical con man glint in his eyes. feeling a little bored waiting for his butler to show up, kaito stood and walked around aimlessly in the dark, empty streets. barely anyone was around anymore as his secret meeting had ended a while ago. after a moment of contemplation, kaito stopped and turned to the left to stare into a dark alley. he hadn't been able to shake the feeling he had been watched for quite some time now. in a desperate bid to sound cool, he called out,

"SHOW YOURSELF."

the eerie silence made him feel stupid as he stood there, a smug expression on his face masking the annoyance underneath. a moment later and he was ready to go until he heard footsteps from the shadows within. 'what a stupidly lucky shot' he thought, he might actually be a genius. too busy in his self absorption he didn't realize the object of his frustration had already emerged with a hand on her hip and casual smirk engraved on her features. just like it was engraved in his memories.

flashbacks ensued of his childhood. abandoned by his fire nation parents for being a nonbender. lighting fires on his own in caves, making discoveries on his own, learning to grow on his own, making mistakes on his own. until he wasn't. he was never on his own. a figure invaded his memories, holding his hand as they shook with the stick on fire, discovering the turtle duck eggs under a tree near a pond with him, forcing him to return a stolen cabbage only to steal two more as he apologized.  she was always there with him. every step of the way. until she wasn't.

"you're not real. i'm just drunk."

bloodblunder
[ chapter starter ]
/ SORRY IF ITS BAD