Prologue

"The world was getting better. New machines were being invented, produce was developing, they even found a cure for cancer. So far everything was going good, well until the worlds largest paper plant located in New York exploded, well not quiet exploded but a part blew up, causing chemicals to be released into the air. I, as I watched the news, couldn't believe it. I was a small town trucker, I went around to city's delivering beer to stores or bars. I often visited New York since bars were quiet busy around the spring, and I was there not to long ago. It was hard to believe but I was sure New York would fix the problem, they said the Chemicals weren't deadly and wouldn't make anyone sick so people should be fine. In which I was glad to here since I had to make a deliver next week to them so I had nothing to worry about , well at least that's what I thought. A week passed and it was my time to head out to New York, things went like they normally did. I drove for a few hours, delivered what I needed to deliver and headed to my hotel. I normally stayed a few nights to take a break from driving and that's when it happened. A sound came from outside my room, like someone was screaming bloody Mary. I, as a few other people, rushed outside and I could feel the blood leave my face. This girl was on the ground, bleeding out of her neck and arm, chunks of skin was missing. This man and I rushed over to her.  She seemed to still be breathing. A few people looked around for her attacker but they couldn't find anyone. By the time the ambulance arrived the girl had lost alot of blood and it seemed it was going to take a miracle to help her. I, being as nice as I was, I got in the ambulance with them, pretending my relation with her was brother. I needed to know if she was okay, my inner father intent's came out towards this poor innocent girl.

 By the time we made it to the hospital the doctors were all outside waiting for her arrival. I stepped out once everyone got the girl out, rushing her in. Heading in sitting in a chair and waited for some sort of news, hours seemed to have past the doctor came out telling me that she was going to die, how her organs were failing every hour. He told me I could go see her, I didn't tell him that I wasn't really her brother, /Maybe/ ,I thought, Maybe I could get her parents number tell them about her, so they wouldn't think she went missing. Walking into the room I saw her laying there, wheezing almost like she couldn't breath. "Hello.." I said as I walked over to her, "I.. How do I explain this.." I looked around not noticing the nurse coming in to it seems give her a shot. She bent over rolling up the girls sleeve and just when she put the needle in her arm it happened. 

For a moment I didn't know what was going on. I heard a scream and the nurse yanking her arm away,and when she did I saw... I saw the girls mouth attached to the nurses arm yanking out a chunks of flesh as she pulled away. She then jumped up, pulling out the IVs in her arms and attacking the nurse. I stood there in shock, not knowing what to do, I couldn't even speak. Then it was like I snapped back into reality and I jumped back in fear, what the hell was she doing, was all I could think. "Jesus Christ." Was all I could say to what was going on as she looked over at me, the whites of her eyes were blood shot red, I started to scoot back as fast as I could but right in that moment she jumped launching herself at me, but some how I got away, I don't remember how but I did...

 This was only an half a year ago. The human population is barely even alive, most of the creatures are dead people, Zombies as most people called them and its just like you see in the movies, Not a single human anywhere, stores, houses, building infested with these things, only way to kill them is a single shot to the head, but for dead things they can hear damn well, because if you fire your gun once and bam, you are soon to be surrounded by them.. If your reading this, heed my warning, be careful, watch your back, don't trust anyone, and may god have mercy on your soul. "