xvi: Hard to Forget

Start from the beginning

While he talked to another senator about something important, her thoughts dwelled on his voice rather than the subject of the conversation. She had forgotten how attractive his accent was.

He finished up a conversation with the senator from Malastare and sighed heavily.

"What?" Ahsoka asked. "He seemed nice. Smelled kinda funny though."

He chuckled. "It's not that. The Chancellor is going to give a speech in the next few minutes, and I don't have the attention span to make it all the way through. One can only talk about politics for so long."

She took his hand. "I'm sure no one would miss us if we disappeared for a little, right?"

He shrugged. "I suppose not. Come on."

He led her back to his office and closed the door behind them. He turned on the lamps, illuminating the room with a soft golden glow.

Ahsoka stood by the window. She could see the Jedi Temple in the distance. Lux came up behind her placed his hands on her hips, resting his chin between her montrals. Ahsoka felt a sense of peace and safety wash over her. Lux's thoughts dwelled on her, which was no surprise. She couldn't be the only one wishing they could be more than friends.

"I really thought 'outta sight, outta mind' would work and I wouldn't see you again after we broke up," she started, "but you're just so hard to forget. I miss you."

"I miss you, too." He took a step back and twirled her around, smiling. "You have no idea how sexy you look in that dress. It makes it very hard for me to accept that we're supposed to be just friends."

She took a step back and tripped over the back of her dress. Lux caught her before she could fall too far backward. She felt her cheeks heat up. There were still things she had to work out, but she wanted to make peace with her past. It would be unfair of her to lead Lux on if she was just going to go back to Nyx in the morning. Through, if she thought about it, she didn't have to stay with Nyx. Lux made time for her and made her feel special, and Nyx had practically kicked her out earlier. She would have to make a choice between them eventually, but her brain felt like jelly from all the alcohol she'd consumed, making it hard for her to think clearly.

If she were sober, she knew she would've made a different choice, but in the moment, she thought with her heart instead of her head. She planted a soft kiss on his cheek. "Me neither."

Their eyes met, and Ahsoka could feel the tension between them. He was close now, and her heart was pounding in her chest. She could see the desire and longing in his eyes, but most importantly, she could see love.

Their lips crashed together, and she pulled herself to him. She ran her fingers through his hair, feeling the alcohol take over her body. He was kissing her, but she could feel him holding back. She pulled at his tunic, trying to untuck it, but he reached down and took her hands.

"What, don't you want me?" she asked, pouting.

"How many of those cocktails did you have?" he asked.

"I could go for another." She kissed him sloppily, but he gently pushed her away.

"Ahsoka, we can't. You said it yourself. Plus, don't you have a boyfriend?"

She nodded. "Yeah, but he doesn't care 'bout me like you do."

"I don't want to get caught up in a love triangle. I don't have time for that kind of drama in my life right now."

"But don't you love me?"

He ran a hand through his hair. Ahsoka always found it so attractive when he did that. "Yeah. Kriff, I do. That's why I'm trying to keep you from doing something you'll regret."