your brother doesn't like him

right now i'm sitting in the kitchen with my brother calum waiting for my boyfriend joey to get here.
madison: will you please be nice to him?
calum: maybe. i don't know.
madison: cal-
calum: why would i be nice to a boy that's dating my little sister especially since he has been dating her for almost six months and i'm just finding out?
madison: i'm sorry we didn't tell you sooner. just be nice to him. i really like him.
calum: madison-

the doorbell rings interrupting calum, i stand up and walk to the front door. i open it and see joey, he walks in and i smile at him. he smiles back at me and i shut the door, he kisses my cheek and i smile again.
madison: *laughs* hi.
joey: *laughs* hi.
madison: are you ready?
joey: i'm kinda nervous. i really want him to like me because i really like you and i don't want your brother to not like me.

i blush and grab his hand, we lock our fingers together.
madison: i really want him to like you too.
calum: are you guys going to stand at the door the whole time or are you gonna come into the kitchen.

i roll my eyes.
madison: we're coming.

we walk away from the door and into the kitchen, joey takes his hand away from mine. he puts his hand out to shake calums' hand, calum grabs his hand and shakes it. he lets go of joeys hand, joey's arm falls back to his side.
joey: hi i'm joey.
calum: you smell like weed. do you smoke?
joey: no. i do not smoke. i was with my friend zach.
calum: does he smoke?
joey: yes but i can promise you that i don't.
calum: then what's that in your pocket?

calum crosses his arms, joey reaches his hand in his pocket and pulls out his vape.
joey: it's uhm a vape.
calum: you know that can be bad for you.
joey: i understand that. i don't use it often.
calum: so how old are you joey?
joey: i'm eighteen.
calum: you know madison is only seventeen, right?
joey: yes.
calum: that's illegal.
madison: shut up calum. i'll be eighteen soon so just stop. he's a couple months older and that's it.
calum: don't tell me to shut up.

i roll my eyes.
calum: you better not be forcing her into anything.
joey: i would never force her to do anything that she doesn't want to do.
calum: do you live at home with your parents still?
joey: no. i have my own place.
calum: okay well i can't think of anything else to ask you right now.
madison: okay so can we go hangout now then?
calum: maybe. i need to talk to you really quick.
madison: okay.

calum walks into the living room.
calum: madison.
madison: coming.

i kiss joey's cheek.
madison: you can sit down and help yourself to anything in the kitchen. i'll be back in just a second.
joey: okay.

he smiles at me and i walk out of the kitchen and into the living room, i walk over to calum and stand in front of him.
madison: what?
calum: i don't like him. there's something about him that doesn't sit right with me. i don't like that he vapes, i don't like that he's a legal adult and you're not and i definitely don't like that he has his own place.
madison: what? why? you should be happy that he's responsible calum. he's a good person and i really like him.
calum: i don't like that he has his own place because that means if you ever go over there there's no parental figure there to stop anything that could happen and that isn't okay.
madison: oh my god calum. get over yourself. i'm seventeen not seven. i can make my own choices like that for myself.
calum: okay well i don't approve of him and i don't like him and i don't want you dating him and what i say is what goes.
madison: you're not gonna tell me who i can and can't date-
calum: madison i don't like him. you're not gonna date him. i don't want you to.
madison: well it doesn't matter what you say because rather you like him or not he's my boyfriend and i'm gonna let you decide if me and him date or not. i don't care if you don't like him because guess what calum; your opinion about him doesn't matter.

i walk out of the living room and back into the kitchen, i grab my phone off of the island along with my wallet.
joey: what happened?
madison: lets just go. calum is a jerk.

joey nods his head and we walk to the front door.
calum: madison if you leave this house with him you will be grounded.
madison: you can't ground me if i don't come home. i'm done with you. every guy i've ever liked you've always hated them and i would break up with them because of you but i'm not gonna let you do that to me again. i really like joey and it doesn't matter anymore if you like him or not because i do. i'm not dating him to make you happy i'm dating him to make me happy. he makes me happy calum and you clearly don't care.

i open the front door and me and joey walk outside, joey shuts the door behind us. he wraps one of his arms around my waist, he pulls me to his side and i lay my head down on his shoulder.
joey: are you okay?
madison: yeah. i'm just tired of calum.
joey: he doesn't like me does he?
madison: no. please don't care about what he thinks though?
joey: i don't care. i promise. do you wanna go back to my apartment and watch some movies?
madison: yeah.

i smile at joey and smiles back at me, we walk over to his car and we get in. we buckle in and he starts his car, calum walks out of the house as joey pulls out of the driveway. joey puts his hand on my knee, i put my hand on top of his and he starts driving back to his apartment.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
hi : ) thank you for reading the first imagine of this book : ) i have more books if anyone would like to check them out. all of my other books are listed here:

- josh richards imagines

- payton moormeier imagines

- waud twins imagines

- pregnant by chase hudson~ a chase hudson story

- my best friend~ a joe waud story

- crush~ a hunter rowland and charles gitnick story

- my brothers best friend~ a joey birlem story

- confusing feelings~ a joey birlem story

-(the next time i'm gonna post is on monday june 29th 2020)-