Chapter 1: Coming out

VICTOR'S POV:   

        Yeesh, this seems a little more nerve wrecking than I  thought. I mean, I practiced in front of Jessica, my younger sister, at least a thousand, no, a million times. I thought this was going to be easy and straight forward. Say Mom and dad, I'm gay, but now I feel like it's going to be a hundred times harder. Mom for sure will be supportive and tell me do whatever the hell I want but dad, I feel like he might blow a fuse or enroll me into military school to straighten me out (Heh, straight). Okay here goes, deep breath, think about your words, and...

        Victor- Mom, dad, I'm - 

        Mom&Dad- We already know son.

        Victor- Wha-

        Mom- Your sister told us last night.

        Dad- She knew you wouldn't have the guts to tell us.

        Wow. note to self, never tell Jessica another secret again. Unless she of course bribes me with sugar cookies or ice cream. Uh oh, dad's giving me that look he always gives me when I finish the last of the ice cream container  and he hates it when I do that. Mom looks at me with teary eyes and all of  a sudden she has a box of tissues in her lap. 

        Dad- Son...

        Here it comes...

        Dad- I'm proud of you of telling us this, well, trying, to tell us this. I know this must be hard for you at this age but I'm so proud of you. This is the manliest thing you could ever do and it makes us all so proud.

        I feel the waterworks coming. My hand almost makes it's way to the tissue box but since dad called me manly I'll pass. I guess I owe Jessica a thank you and some money, maybe right after school tomorrow. I'm too tired to try and find her in that mess she calls a room.