Season 2 Episode 5 - Flicker

PREVIOUSLY:
BROOKLYN MET KIERONS PARENTS.
BROOKLYN ASKED SHIRLEY TO CONE WITH HER TO THE ULTRASOUND SCAN.

Brooklyn is laying on the doctors chair with Shirley standing beside her as they are waiting on the midwife. Brooklyn says "I'm scared Mum, what if I mess up? I can hardly look after myself, so how am I supposed to look after a baby?" Shirley looks at Brooklyn with empathy and she takes ahold of Brooklyn's hand and says "I know you're scared, those thoughts are normal Honey. When I found out I was pregnant with Jimbo I was terrified, I was actually gonna to adopt him out i had it in my head that i would mess up his life but when I carried him inside me and I felt his kicks and when i gave birth to him and held him in my arms that's when i knew I was gonna be a Mother to him. I wasnt a great Mother but I know one thing for sure you will be a great Mum" and Shirley kisses Brooklyn's forehead and Shirley says "You won't be alone, ever cause I'll be here for you every step of the way and that's a promise" Brooklyn smiles and says "Thanks Mum".

Kieron is walking through the square when Keanu Taylor bumps into Kieron and Kieron turns to Keanu who continued to walk on and he snaps "Watch it!" Keanu turns around to face Kieron and asks "What did you say?" Kieron says "You banged into me! So I'm saying watch where you're going!" Keanu walks towards Kieron and says angrily "and what? You're gonna make me huh?!" Kieron shoves Keanu and says "Watch your mouth!" Keanu punches Kieron and Kieron touches his bleeding bottom lip and Kieron headbutts Keanu and punches Keanu.

A Midwife enters the room and the Midwife politely smiles at Brooklyn and says "Hello there, you must be Miss Mitchell?" Shirley snaps "Took you long enough!" Brooklyn calmly says "Mum stop" and Shirley calm down as she looks at Brooklyn and rubs Brooklyn's hand. The Midwife says "Okay Miss Mitchell, my names Helen. If you can lift your top up for me" Brooklyn nods and she lifts her top up and says "Call me Brooke" Helen nods as she picks up a bottle of gel and says "Okay Brooke this will be cold okay?" Brooklyn nods and Helen squirts the ultrasound gel on Brooklyn's stomach and Helen starts the ultrasound and everyone looks to the dark monitor and Helen smiles at the monitor and says as she points "Do you see that flicker Brooklyn?" Brooklyn fixates her eyes on the monitor and she shakes her head and says "No, where?" Shirley says "Right there Honey" and Shirley points to the monitor and Helen moves her finger around in circle motion around the flicker and Helen says "That flicker is your baby Brooklyn" and Brooklyn stares at the flicker in amazement and her eyes begin to well up with tears and she asks in disbelief "That's it? That's my baby?" Shirley looks down at Brooklyn with a proud smile across her face as she is on the verge of tears along with Brooklyn and says "Yeah Sweetie, that's the baby" and a tear trails down Brooklyn's face.

NEXT TIME:
BEN SEES KIERON DOING A SUSPICIOUS DEAL.
BROOKLYN SHOWS OFF HER SCAN.