The Grad Party

The start of my day was pretty boring. I had had to babysit for my cousin during the week, and now it was time to start my weekend by going home and getting to sleep in my own bed. I packed up all of my stuff and was soon picked up by my mom. I'm one of the few 17 year olds without a license, but my family could never work out the money for it. I was dressed in a loose, flowy, peach colored dress, my bright blue and white bra showing obviously from the top of the strapless garment.

On the way home, my mom told me about being invited to my friend Ayla's graduation party. I enthusiastically accepted, being very excited at seeing Ayla again after so long. Plus, with Ayla and her boyfriend and their circle of friends, there would definitely be pot. Now, I'm not really a party girl. I'm pretty much a loner. I just love getting high and being around people. Its one of my few indulgences. After that, I just kind of zoned out into the radio until we got all the way back to Augusta. My mom told me that my sister Lexi and her boyfriend Hunter would be by the house soon to pick me up for the party. I nodded and headed up to my room to chill for a while and do a little freshening up.

I bopped around my room for a while, turning on Pandora to get rid of the unusual silence. I danced around a little bit, laughing as I looked on my phone and answered a few messages. I started jittering around, bored out of my skull with waiting. I sighed and flopped back on my bed, reaching over and grabbing a cigarette, lighting it as I waited impatiently, inhaling deep as I worried about my outfit choice, wondering if I was wearing the right thing. I shrugged and took another deep hit, exhaling slowly as I watched the smoke float up above me in gaseous ribbons. Oh well. I don't typically dress to impress anyway.

Just as I was stubbing out the cigarette, I heard the unmistakable roar of Hunter's mom's truck, the Heavy Chevy. I sat up and went over to my front window, seeing the huge truck idling in front of the house. I giggled excitedly as I threw my phone on the bed, since it's not activated anyway, and stuffed my cigarettes and stuff in my Jack Skellington/rasta shoulder bag.

I sauntered down the stairs with a light, tripping step. My sister was perched on the stool to the table, talking to my mom about Ayla's grad party and who would probably be there. "Hey little hooker," I said to Lexi, because we all greet each other with insults in my family. She nods to me and says that we're gonna be heading to the drive in to pick up some quick food, then we're headed out to a state park for the party. I nod and pet one of the cats absentmindedly, eager to be on our way to see Ayla.

"Well I hope you three behave and have fun. Use Lexi's phone if you have to get a hold of me for anything," my mom said, pulling us in for hugs and a kiss on the forehead. I hug her back and say that I love her, moving with Lexi out the door, feeling the surprising warmth of the sun on my face and arms. The weather lately has been a little weird, with mixes of hot and cool days. But today was one of the rare warm days, the sun golden and the breeze whisper light. Perfect day for a party.

We waved as we got into the still running truck, Hunter tearing out of the yard, which always annoys my mom. We only drove like a block away, stopping at Augusta's old fashioned drive in diner. Hunter looked back and asked if I wanted anything to eat, since there was no food at the party. I shrugged and said a small order of fries would be fine. We waited for the lone waitress to come over to the truck, the dorks up front listening to country music and Lexi playing on her phone. After a little while, the waitress came over and Hunter placed the order. She said it would be about 15 minutes for the food to be ready, so I settled back for the wait, having nothing to do. I watched the people outside, a cute guy at one of the tables catching my eye. I smiled slightly at him and he grinned back. I looked away, not wanting to look weird for staring. I tapped on my leg and sighed, my gaze flicking back to him a few times.

Finally, the food showed up and Hunter paid as I started picking at the fries. I looked up to find the guy's eyes on me again, or more specifically, my breasts, the curved tops showing at the top of my dress. I laughed to myself and waved cheekily as Hunter pulled out of the drive in, roaring through downtown, on our way to the party finally. As I ate the fries, I considered the man's stare, rolling my eyes. My breasts are one of my redeeming features. I'm short, just 5'2", and a bigger girl. I look pretty average, with long, dark hair and natural red highlights in the sun, big, dark brown eyes with flecks of black and gold, pale skin, full, pale pink lips, and a round face. I'm nothing remarkable, unless you look down and see my chest, or watch my ass. I have a belly, but my chest and ass overcompensate for it. I'll never be as pretty as my sister, but I'll always find someone who stares.