Chapter XI: Cut You Off

Start from the beginning

"Well, wasn't that what you did when you fucking left without a word five years ago?"

"You're one to talk! You say I pushed you away when we went through weeks not talking about it because you avoided it?! Weeks! I tried talking to you about it but you'd brush me off like it wasn't even important!"

"I brushed you off? You always looked like you're about to faint whenever I even so much as bring it up and you say I brushed it off? You're getting your shit wrong here, Selly!"

"I told you to stop calling me that! You're not that Harry anymore!"

"Well, no shit! You killed him that night you left." Harry tried to control the anger he had been feeling all these years but it just came pouring out. "I thought my Selly was still somewhere in there but I see now that I was wrong. She's not you anymore."

"And I see you've become an even bigger asshole now. You know what? I regret I ever fell in love with you!" Selena breathed heavily but the sight of Harry's hurt face was enough to make her anger ebb away.

She immediately regretted saying that but she didn't want to back down as well. So she just stomped out of the room before she said anything more that she'd regret.

Before the door closed behind her, she heard Niall speak. "She didn't mean that last bit."

She wished she slammed the door instead.

Selena looked at her watch and saw that it was only a quarter past three in the afternoon. That meant she had some time to cool off outside.

She headed straight towards the front door. There was a lock system in place but she had memorized the number code from watching Niall input it that one time. Before she could open the door, however, Liam came to stop her.

"You know, Harry did say you'll try and get out of the house. He really knows you well."

"Go away, Liam." Selena continued on her way, opening the door and stepping out the Tower.

It was completely surrounded by dense forest. Niall had warned them that they could get lost if they ventured away so she always only circled the Tower when she went out this way.

Selena didn't even bother today as she went straight inside the forest. She knew Liam was trailing after her.

She abruptly stopped and faced him, "I said go away, Liam! I want to be alone right now!"

"Geez, no need to shout, I can hear you just fine," Liam said, shaking his head. "If you wanted to be alone, you should've gone to your room. You know you're not allowed-"

"I am so fucking sick of everyone dictating what I can and cannot do!"

Liam just raised his hands in surrender. "I know it sucks but you just have to endure it, Golden. You know what's at stake here."

"Please, Liam, just this once. Please leave me alone."

"No."

"Argh!" Selena squinted her eyes at him before she looked around until she found the perfect tree to climb.

Liam just watched her, dumbfounded. "Way to go with that cheer muscle of yours."

Selena just climbed as high as she could and then sulked. The leaves were thick enough that it hid her from Liam's view. He could still hear her breathing so he just settled with sitting at the foot of the tree Selena climbed up.