Chapter 1: Home

Chapter 1:

July 31, 1991

Hadrian POV:

I woke with a start, and groaned. "Death. Is today the day?" I asked, and the god sighed inside of my head. "Yes, Master. Your birth family will be coming later tonight." he said, and I sighed. Ghost and Phantom looked up at me from their dog bed that was next to my desk, and I smiled at my familiars. Ghost and Phantom have been with me since I was 16 months old, they had been my first gift from Salazar/Rowena/Helga/and Godric. Both of my familiars had only been 4 months old when they were given to me, but they had already been rather huge at that point... they were a mix between Hellhounds and German Shepherds. Ghost was black with brown paws and markings, while Phantom was light grey/white with brown paws and markings. It was only 4:30 in the morning, so I sighed before getting up and sitting down on the floor in front of my familiars. "Little Master? The Death God has said that you are going to be stressed today?" Phantom said, and I smiled down at her. "My birth family is coming to get me today, Phantom. I don't like them very much because they are the ones responsible for me being left with my muggle Aunt and Uncle." I said, and both of my familiars growled in response. "They shall not harm you, Young Master. I will bite them if they dare to try." Ghost growled, and I put my hand on his head. "Calm down, Ghost. We don't want to wake the muggles." I said softly, and he calmed down at once.

I got up from my spot on the floor, grabbed some muggle clothing, and went into the bathroom to get a hot shower before my relatives woke up. After making sure I had washed properly, I got out, dried off, and got dressed. I pulled on a pair of black boxers with neon colored unicorns on them, a fitted dark grey t-shirt, ripped black skinny jeans, light grey ankle socks, black high tops, and my leather jacket. I combed my hair, put on my black sunglasses that weren't see through, and went into my bedroom. "Ghost. Phantom. How would you two like to go on a run?" I asked, and both of them barked, meaning that I needed to change quickly. "Let me put on a pair of shorts and running shoes, and we can go." I said, and went over to the dresser. I pulled off the skinny jeans, and put on a loose fitting pair of running shorts/a light weight navy blue tank top/and black running shoes. I put away the clothing I wasn't going to be wearing, and put leashes on both of my familiars. We went out of the front door, and I noticed the Aurors that my birth father had recently sent to watch the Dursley household follow us on our run. Ghost and Phantom made sure to stay fully German shepherds, and we stopped at a local shopping center to grab some water and snacks. As I was walking through the shop, Ghost and Phantom right behind me, I made sure to keep a tight hold on their leashes.

Rosina POV:

I watched as Hadrian walked through the shop looking for what he needed, and smiled when neither one of his pets touched anything other than the floor in the shop. He grabbed a small 6 pack of water bottles, 4 bags of beef jerky, 3 bags of dog treats, and a tye-dye tank-top off of one of the shelves, before coming up to the register. "How are you today, Mrs. Maples?" he asked, and I smiled. "I'm alright, Hadrian. Will this be all for you today?" I asked, and he nodded. He put his backpack onto the counter to get out his wallet, so when he wasn't looking, I slipped a few packs of gum made using energy drinks into his bag, and then he paid for the things he had picked out before leaving the shop. "I saw that, love." Tyler said putting an arm around my waist, and I smiled slightly. "He's such a nice boy. He never gets anything other than jerky and dog treats in the morning when he's out and about for long periods of time. I don't think he'll mind having something other than jerky to chew on while he's running." I said, and Tyler smiled softly at my words. "He's never been a bad child, Rose. He's always been so polite to you, and never gets anything other than the best for those dogs of his, even when it costs more than anything he buys for himself most of the time." Tyler said, and I nodded with a small smile on my face.